Watching "Lest We Forget" & "Almost Home" for Dec. 7th

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Keleko
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Watching "Lest We Forget" & "Almost Home" for Dec. 7th

#1 Post by Keleko »

I thought about watching something like Tora! Tora! Tora!, but I think I'll have a better time with Magnum instead. (Funny as both episodes use footage from the movie--maybe that's what got me thinking about Magnum)

I really like these two episodes; Lest We Forget is one of my absolute favorites of the entire series. The casting of Jose & Miguel Ferrer and June & Anne Lockhart is pure genius. Almost Home is not as memorable to me, but I'm looking forward to revisiting it. I do remember that Kathleen Lloyd's character in it is much more likable than Carol... The scenes at the Arizona memorial in both episodes choke me up pretty good, especially the wall of names and narration in Lest We Forget.

MikeS
Admiral

Re: Watching "Lest We Forget" & "Almost Home" for Dec. 7th

#2 Post by MikeS »

Mine too :)

I have always really liked Lest We Forget, and Almost Home is very good as well. The Ferrer boys and the Lockhart girls worked for me.
MikeS

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

MikeS wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:40 pm Mine too :)

I have always really liked Lest We Forget, and Almost Home is very good as well. The Ferrer boys and the Lockhart girls worked for me.
Funny thing is both of the Ferrer boys are dead now while both the Lockhart girls are still alive. June is 96.

502-to-right
Lieutenant Commander

#4 Post by 502-to-right »

I watched Lest We Forget last night as I work my way through all the episodes (many of which I saw first run).

I was a USMC attorney based in Hawaii from 1999 to 2003. I saw Ford Island/Pearl Harbor being bombed during the making of 2001's Pearl Harbor movie.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

502-to-right wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:58 pm I watched Lest We Forget last night as I work my way through all the episodes (many of which I saw first run).

I was a USMC attorney based in Hawaii from 1999 to 2003. I saw Ford Island/Pearl Harbor being bombed during the making of 2001's Pearl Harbor movie.
Fantastic to have such a connection to a place when watching. This is one of my favourite episodes. Is it your first time through the series?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.