TC’s Watch

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

TC’s Watch

#1 Post by To The Regiment »

Does anyone remember what type of watch TC wore? We were watching Skin Deep last night and I noticed TC’s watch was on a Tropic Strap, the same kind of Tropic Strap as Magnum’s Chronosport.

Best,
To The Regiment

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: TC’s Watch

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I tried getting somewhere on this a while back after watching Thicker Than Blood. I also tried messaging Roger on Facebook to ask, but didn't get a response...
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by eagle »

I'd love to know this. And I'd love to know what watch Higgins wears, and I seem to recall that that is documented somewhere.

Styles Bitchley

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Yeah. There are some precise details on Higgins’ digital watch here somewhere. I think it’s a Seiko.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by perfectlykevin »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:45 am Yeah. There are some precise details on Higgins’ digital watch here somewhere. I think it’s a Seiko.
Yes, Higgins wore several Seiko digitals back then. I'm not a Seiko digital expert but have seen a few of the models based on the bracelet design and case shape. From what I've read Mr. Hillerman was quite fond of tech and gadgets. :)

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by MaximRecoil »

It's hard to get a good look at TC's watch because he wore it on the wrong side of his wrist, so shots that would normally show the face just show the buckle of the strap. I skimmed through Skin Deep and only saw two shots that showed the face, and neither was close enough to see much. However, it looks like it could be the same Chronosport that Magnum wears. Here are the screenshots:

And Magnum's watch at a distance for comparison:

Maybe the Chronosport was intended to be a "team watch," like the team ring, but Rick screwed it up by wearing what appears to be a Cartier Tank:

Styles Bitchley

#7 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Thicker Than Blood show it better than those grabs. It's certainly as steel watch with a black dial and black band, but not a Chronosport. And Rick's is clearly a Cartier Tank.

[/quote]

- J.Q.H.