Magnum Goodies

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Magnum Goodies

#46 Post by Pahonu »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:47 am
Pahonu wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:05 am
Styles Bitchley wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:09 pm I'm cursed with being a Leafs fan. I was way more of a fanatic in the Burns/Quinn eras. Recent years my interest has waned - probably because I've spent so much time outside of the country.

I've got a soft spot for the Jets too. I grew up spending summers with a bunch of kids including Jim Kyte and his brothers. Jim was older, but was around a lot and it was always cool to be hanging around with an actual NHL player!

I don't have a soft spot for the Habs, and we'll leave it at that. ;-)
With all our recent talk of hockey, I couldn’t believe I saw this in my news feed! :D

Montreal Canadiens beat Vegas Golden Knights, advance to club's 1st Stanley Cup Final since 1993
Yep. I’ll have to deal with gloating Hans fans honking horns and being a general nuisance for a while yet! I’m still bitter about them knocking out the Leafs.
Sorry about your Maple Leafs. As you may have suspected, I had absolutely no idea about who else was in the playoffs. :lol:

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

I didn't realize that the Habs only had a slightly better record during the regular season than my Flyers did (who didn't make the playoffs). And how they got past better teams like the Leafs, the Jets (who they swept!!), and now the Golden Knights is baffling!

But then this has been a really baffling playoff run for both the NHL and the NBA. My Sixers (who were #1 in the East) and were expected to make mincemeat out of the inferior Atlanta Hawks ended up choking and losing to them. Still can't process how that happened, even with the horrible play by Ben Simmons who needs to get traded IMMEDIATELY!! Also the Utah Jazz who were the #1 team in the NBA the whole season and were heavily favored to win the championship didn't even make it to the Western Conference Finals. Like I said... baffling. :shock:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by T.Q. »

Wifey surprised me with another gift.

Was in the cart for a year.

It's very nice.

She's mad at me because I said it's too nice to wear outside and get dirty. :lol:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#49 Post by Styles Bitchley »

T.Q. wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:06 pm Wifey surprised me with another gift.

Was in the cart for a year.

It's very nice.

She's mad at me because I said it's too nice to wear outside and get dirty. :lol:
Excellent. Just get out there and wear it. Bring a smile to someone's face.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Pahonu

#50 Post by Pahonu »

Seconded! :magnum:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by T.Q. »

New goodies.

Trying to drop a few.

Down 14lbs so far.

Needed a few new L sized Tees.

Old Navy?

How about checking for Magnum Tees instead?

Why not?

$14/each.

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Pahonu

#52 Post by Pahonu »

T.Q. wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:48 pm New goodies.

Trying to drop a few.

Down 14lbs so far.

Needed a few new L sized Tees.

Old Navy?

How about checking for Magnum Tees instead?

Why not?

$14/each.

Nice! And congrats.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by T.Q. »

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:59 pm
T.Q. wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:26 pm
IvanTheTerrible wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:24 pm I still can't forgive the Blue Jays beating the Phillies in the 1993 World Series. That one hurt. Joe Carter and his homerun. :x

Of course we won in 2008 and what about the Jays? :P
That's a shame.
Sure wouldn't wanna rub that one in.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No, of course you wouldn't. :roll: I still have a Joe Carter baseball card somewhere. Might just stick it into the spokes of my bicycle wheels and pulverize it real good! :lol:
I'll hang on to my Lenny Dykstra, Darren Dalton, John Kruk, and other Phils cards.
Ivan,
I apologize in advance but I have to have a say about Dykstra.
Lenny Dykstra until recently lived in Linden, NJ.
For a few months I had to take a cab to a Linden clinic and my usual driver, a dedicated Met Fan, told me he was thrilled at first to drive Lenny
around, later on to renovate his house on the side.
He redid 4 bedrooms which Lenny illegally rented out to drugged out skels as all his tens of millions are gone. These guys like to live in the
same place to save money so they can pool their SS checks to buy drugs and party.
The cabbie said his once idol Lenny was a degenerate slob con man, always looking for ways to scam you, as is the wont with your dedicated crim
looking to get over on us sucker citizens.
He and the other cabbies would pick up at the Linden train station the hookers Len ordered from NYC pimps for "massages" for him and his crew.
So the cabbie one night delivered the girl, then was checking the remodeling work he had done when the disheveled woman ran screaming to him
for help, utterly terrified. Brain trust Lenny had mistakenly called a legit NYC massage joint and made his move on a innocent woman he assumed was
there for his use.
The cabbie drove her back to NYC on his own dime, Lenny just wasn't worth it anymore.
There was one legit business Lenny had some years ago, a car wash, staffed with 16 and 17 year old girls in skimpy outfits, several of whom he
was dating. One 17 year old girl complained he kept pressing her for a "date", but the legal charges were later dropped by her family.
He had gotten got out of Dodge by spreading cash around to the aggrieved parties via his slick lawyer, then leaving town.

He left Linden as the neighborhood was up in arms about his and his live in pals non stop parties, the hookers etc, plus the cops were no longer looking
the other way but now saw him as a scum bag, instead of the charming guy everybody likes when they first meet him.
Hopefully he immigrates to Moscow like Steven Seagal.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#55 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:29 am
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:59 pm
T.Q. wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:26 pm
IvanTheTerrible wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:24 pm I still can't forgive the Blue Jays beating the Phillies in the 1993 World Series. That one hurt. Joe Carter and his homerun. :x

Of course we won in 2008 and what about the Jays? :P
That's a shame.
Sure wouldn't wanna rub that one in.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No, of course you wouldn't. :roll: I still have a Joe Carter baseball card somewhere. Might just stick it into the spokes of my bicycle wheels and pulverize it real good! :lol:
I'll hang on to my Lenny Dykstra, Darren Dalton, John Kruk, and other Phils cards.
Ivan,
I apologize in advance but I have to have a say about Dykstra.
Lenny Dykstra until recently lived in Linden, NJ.
For a few months I had to take a cab to a Linden clinic and my usual driver, a dedicated Met Fan, told me he was thrilled at first to drive Lenny
around, later on to renovate his house on the side.
He redid 4 bedrooms which Lenny illegally rented out to drugged out skels as all his tens of millions are gone. These guys like to live in the
same place to save money so they can pool their SS checks to buy drugs and party.
The cabbie said his once idol Lenny was a degenerate slob con man, always looking for ways to scam you, as is the wont with your dedicated crim
looking to get over on us sucker citizens.
He and the other cabbies would pick up at the Linden train station the hookers Len ordered from NYC pimps for "massages" for him and his crew.
So the cabbie one night delivered the girl, then was checking the remodeling work he had done when the disheveled woman ran screaming to him
for help, utterly terrified. Brain trust Lenny had mistakenly called a legit NYC massage joint and made his move on a innocent woman he assumed was
there for his use.
The cabbie drove her back to NYC on his own dime, Lenny just wasn't worth it anymore.
There was one legit business Lenny had some years ago, a car wash, staffed with 16 and 17 year old girls in skimpy outfits, several of whom he
was dating. One 17 year old girl complained he kept pressing her for a "date", but the legal charges were later dropped by her family.
He had gotten got out of Dodge by spreading cash around to the aggrieved parties via his slick lawyer, then leaving town.

He left Linden as the neighborhood was up in arms about his and his live in pals non stop parties, the hookers etc, plus the cops were no longer looking
the other way but now saw him as a scum bag, instead of the charming guy everybody likes when they first meet him.
Hopefully he immigrates to Moscow like Steven Seagal.
By all accounts the man does appear to be a scumbag. Though I never bothered to waste my time to go into the details of all his wrongdoings, of which there are plenty I'm sure. Some folks just have a moral compass of NEGATIVE ZERO! No values, no decency, no humanity.