Did Rick ever say what he thought of Luther Gillis?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Algernon Farnsworth
Lieutenant Commander

Did Rick ever say what he thought of Luther Gillis?

#1 Post by Algernon Farnsworth »

They seem like they'd be a good match, as Rick had a thing for film noir when it wasn't cool, and Luther Gillis was the guy who made it a career. :) On the other hand, maybe it's fantasy vs. reality here... Were there any episodes where they spend any time together?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Did Rick ever say what he thought of Luther Gillis?

#2 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Algernon Farnsworth wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:35 pm They seem like they'd be a good match, as Rick had a thing for film noir when it wasn't cool, and Luther Gillis was the guy who made it a career. :) On the other hand, maybe it's fantasy vs. reality here... Were there any episodes where they spend any time together?
Hi Algernon,
I don't recall them interacting much at all. On the other hand I have been avoiding watching Magnum reruns lately, giving them a rest as there is a point of diminishing returns.
Once they become overly familiar and you know every line that is coming in a scene, the "magic" is ruined. I am giving them a 2 year pass but I suspect I will still watch a episode here and there.
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: Did Rick ever say what he thought of Luther Gillis?

#3 Post by K Hale »

I could be wrong but I feel like the only episode they really appeared in together was Transitions.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!