40th Anniversary Watch Party

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: 40th Anniversary Watch Party

#946 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

eagle wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:10 pm
T.Q. wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:41 pm I missed a week by accident and no one said anything.

Seems there was no interest really so just kinda just abandoned it.
I'm still watching, but not saying much. I'm on "Basket Case" now.
I really appreciate "Basket Case" these days. Used to be one of my least favorites. I think Dana Hill does a fine job as Willie and it's actually her scenes with Higgy that I love the most. I love how she's just as knowledgeable as Higgy is about... well... everything. :lol: Even Higgy is impressed. Plus the basketball rivalry between TM and TC is always fun.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#947 Post by eagle »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:58 pm I really appreciate "Basket Case" these days. Used to be one of my least favorites. I think Dana Hill does a fine job as Willie and it's actually her scenes with Higgy that I love the most. I love how she's just as knowledgeable as Higgy is about... well... everything. :lol: Even Higgy is impressed. Plus the basketball rivalry between TM and TC is always fun.
Back in the day, I had a crush on Willie, and I eventually married a girl like her -- athletic, long brown hair, brown eyes. Always liked that look.

At university, my friends observed that nearly every girl I liked had 3Bs: brown hair, brown eyes, and a boyfriend - lol.

Fleet Admiral

#948 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

eagle wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:31 pm
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:58 pm I really appreciate "Basket Case" these days. Used to be one of my least favorites. I think Dana Hill does a fine job as Willie and it's actually her scenes with Higgy that I love the most. I love how she's just as knowledgeable as Higgy is about... well... everything. :lol: Even Higgy is impressed. Plus the basketball rivalry between TM and TC is always fun.
Back in the day, I had a crush on Willie, and I eventually married a girl like her -- athletic, long brown hair, brown eyes. Always liked that look.

At university, my friends observed that nearly every girl I liked had 3Bs: brown hair, brown eyes, and a boyfriend - lol.
Lol :lol: I guess I have a hard time imagining crushing on someone who looks like Willie. Definitely not the woman of my dreams. :wink: But to each their own.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#949 Post by eagle »

It's all good, friend. If we all liked the same type of girl, there'd be real problems. :D

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#950 Post by eagle »

I must be the only one still watching. I finished "Birdman of Budapest" over the weekend, and then I started "I Do?" ... hope to finish tomorrow.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#951 Post by 308GUY »

eagle wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:31 am I must be the only one still watching. I finished "Birdman of Budapest" over the weekend, and then I started "I Do?" ... hope to finish tomorrow.
You're not....I just don't post much anymore! Still lovin' it....still watchin' it! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Fleet Admiral

#952 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

eagle wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:31 am I must be the only one still watching. I finished "Birdman of Budapest" over the weekend, and then I started "I Do?" ... hope to finish tomorrow.
"Birdman of Budapest" has to be in my top 5 for the season. Not only is it an interesting story from a historical perspective (Hungarian Revolution/Russkie go home!) and has a cool twist with the old biddy turning out to be a KGB agent (with an attack macaw to boot! :shock:) but Sylvia Sidney is a hoot in her role! Her interactions with Higgy are an absolute gem! :lol: Seeing Higgy run after his Audi being towed away (the way he lumbers while waving his hand and yelling "halt") cracks me up every time! :lol: Also a treat to see Joseph Wiseman (the very first Bond villain - Dr. No) in the role of Tessa. I like his secluded bird sanctuary. Also love the driving scenes through Ka'a'awa Valley (or is it Kualoa Ranch?) in order to get to Tessa's hideaway. Lots to love about this one.

Ranking my top 5 for season 3 would look something like this:

1. Did You See the Sunrise?
2. Foiled Again
3. Flashback
4. Black on White
5. Birdman of Budapest (kicking 'Past Tense' down a peg)

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#953 Post by Pahonu »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:55 pm
"Birdman of Budapest" has to be in my top 5 for the season. Not only is it an interesting story from a historical perspective (Hungarian Revolution/Russkie go home!) and has a cool twist with the old biddy turning out to be a KGB agent (with an attack macaw to boot! :shock:) but Sylvia Sidney is a hoot in her role! Her interactions with Higgy are an absolute gem! :lol: Seeing Higgy run after his Audi being towed away (the way he lumbers while waving his hand and yelling "halt") cracks me up every time! :lol: Also a treat to see Joseph Wiseman (the very first Bond villain - Dr. No) in the role of Tessa. I like his secluded bird sanctuary. Also love the driving scenes through Ka'a'awa Valley (or is it Kualoa Ranch?) in order to get to Tessa's hideaway. Lots to love about this one.

2. Foiled Again
3. Flashback
4. Black on White
Wow, Ivan! We rarely agree this much. :wink: My general disinterest in making favorite lists aside, four of these five are among my favorites of season three. Don’t care too much for Foiled Again though. I would probably put Mr. White Death in there instead, but don’t ask me to rank them all. :lol:

Fleet Admiral

#954 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Pahonu wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:23 am
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:55 pm

2. Foiled Again
3. Flashback
4. Black on White
Wow, Ivan! We rarely agree this much. :wink: My general disinterest in making favorite lists aside, four of these five are among my favorites of season three. Don’t care too much for Foiled Again though. I would probably put Mr. White Death in there instead, but don’t ask me to rank them all. :lol:
How about that!! Next thing you know you'll be making lists. :D

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#955 Post by eagle »

Well, I've been pretty much keeping up with the 40th anniversary -- I recently watched Forty Years from Sand Island, Legacy From a Friend, and Two Birds of a Feather. Need to watch ... By its Cover then I'm caught up.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#956 Post by eagle »

I watched The Big Blow last night -- I really enjoy this episode. I am a ham radio operator, and I would love to get WP6RNA, but that callsign is reserved and is unavailable.

Today I'm actually getting ahead, and am watching Faith & Begorrah. I enjoy this episode as well. Clarence's softspoken side is great, and I love how surprised Magnum & TC are by it.

Fleet Admiral

#957 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Are we resuming the 40th anniversary watch party with "Home From the Sea" aired 40 years ago on this date?

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#958 Post by eagle »

I'll be doing it if I can. Hope I can.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#959 Post by T.Q. »

September 29th, 1983

Home From The Sea
Episode Number: 64
Season Number: 4.1
Air Date: 9/29/1983

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#960 Post by 308GUY »

In. :geek:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"