Magnum G.I.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#136 Post by golfmobile »

Mike,

Those are all wonderful! Such detail! Wow, you really are a pro!! Do you enter shows/contests?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#137 Post by N1095A »

golfmobile wrote:Mike,

Those are all wonderful! Such detail! Wow, you really are a pro!! Do you enter shows/contests?

golf
Thanks, No I just do it for my own amusement. The orange truck models are all of the same truck. It was my father's work truck. The ones toward the end of the photobucket album were early attempts when I was a kid. The first ones show two versions of the truck, one as it looked 20+ years ago, and one as it looks today. Those were built between 2003 and 2005.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#138 Post by golfmobile »

I thought I posted this last night, but I can't find it now. It MIGHT have something to do with my access to Google Blogger down here -- which reverts to Spanish because it's running off Google Puerto Rico. If you can't get to the blog with this page, do a Google search wherever you are for "Roaming Magnum, G.I." and it should find the blog.

MGI is MIA.

Check it out on the Roaming Magnum GI site.

If this IS a duplicate, where's the one I posted last night?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#139 Post by IslandHopper »

Sorry to hear about all of the trouble Golf. Hope you and Larry are able to recover all of your things, including Magnum, G.I. Since Larry works for Delta, was he able to get a Delta employee to confirm that your luggage is where they said it should be? Good luck. Oh yeah, great photos.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

#140 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

No! MGI! Come back! :(

On another note, this is a tiny creation of my own. Golf, MGI is tonnes better than mine. Believe me! This, is an action man Magnum! Blu-tack moustache, chest hair and recently removed eyebrows.

magnumam.blogspot.com

Mine is worse than Golf's. Blu-tack moustache!

Please don't hate me for this,
MagnumPI_Cat.
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#141 Post by golfmobile »

Byline from our formerly on-the-scene Virgin Islands Roaming Reporter, Larry:

DATELINE: St. Croix, U.S.V.I.

Headline in the St. Croix Times:

A STRANGE LITTLE MAN CALLING HIMSELF MAGNUM WAS APPREHENDED ON ST. CROIX BEACH THIS MORNING AFTER ELUDING POLICE FOR 5 DAYS.

In addition to drunk and disorderly, he was charged with lying to customs and smuggling lime juice into the country. He was caught on the local beach, drinking margaritas with some natives and a girl calling herself Barbie.

(What's "criminal" is that I had to Photoshop this picture, when he COULDA BEEN there in "person"!! [so I didn't waste a lot of time trying to get a really good-looking Photoshopped picture)

(Delta from St. Thomas called and said they have the bag, it came from St. Croix. WHY did Delta employees in St. Croix hold on to it for five days? If bags are scanned only AFTER they arrive [what Delta told us repeatedly!!!], why was this never found in St. Croix? This entire story makes NO sense, but I'm so relieved that the bag has been found, at least, that I may stop bitching for a FEW minutes. However, I will not consider MGI "home safe" until we have the bag in hand. The way Delta has handled this, I wouldn't be surprised if the bag got lost again on the way home from St. Thomas -- or even at the airport before we can get there to pick it up.)

So poor Larry, in spite of his clever byline above, hasn't managed to get rid of MGI and has to put up with a wife and her action figure. But poor MGI missed out perhaps on his only chance at being at the beach (why do I have the feeling Larry won't let me take him with us next time. . . . .?)

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#142 Post by J.J. Walters »

golfmobile wrote:In addition to drunk and disorderly, he was charged with lying to customs and smuggling lime juice into the country. He was caught on the local beach, drinking margaritas with some natives and a girl calling herself Barbie.
I bet it was Linda Barbi Ellison! No wait, maybe it was Madeline Hue! Or perhaps Cynthia (Mattel 1971) Farrell!

:)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#143 Post by golfmobile »

MGI got home last night -- if not to a hero's welcome, at least to great excitement and relief. (Click on the picture to view MGI's welcome home.)

Did you spot Zeus (or Apollo) at Higgins' feet?

Later today, TC will take him up in the chopper for a celebratory flight!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#144 Post by golfmobile »

TC takes MGI flying in his Island Hoppers bird -- photos on the blog (click on the picture):

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A

#145 Post by N1095A »

Hey Golf, Nice job on the helo!! Got any pictures of the (whole) finished project?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#146 Post by golfmobile »

Mike,

Thanks. Did you click on the picture to go to the blog site to see the pictures of the entire helicopter? Several pictures there of the heli sitting on the landing pad (driveway) and then up in the air (airbrushed out Larry's hands holding it up for me.

Alternatively, here is it, currently sitting on top of our entertainment unit:

Plus, I've gotten a 1:16 one to paint to have the Island Hoppers colors. eBay auction I won:

Hughes 500D on eBay

Odd proportion, the 1:16 instead of the usual 1:18, but I'll see if it'll work. I also have a couple of little ones coming, to repaint:

Matchbox size #1

Another one

both of which aren't to scale and don't have the correct 5 rotor blades (as they appear in the pictures of the auctions NOT to have 5 rotor blades) (though they appear to have the correct T tail assembly . . . . ).

But I think I need to add a new number for SelleckLover's Signs You're Hooked on MPI -- "you find every little toy helicopter you can, paint it to look like Island Hoppers, and display it on your desk at work or on your dashboard."

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A

#147 Post by N1095A »

Hey Golf, the 1/16th one is a pressed steel toy. I had one when I was a kid. It's great to "play with" but it isn't really model quality like the 1/18th or 1/6th versions. I really like what you've done with the 1/6th. It really adds to the MGI collection. Awsome!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#148 Post by Miss Q »

I am so glad the little man is back home!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#149 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow golf, your T.C.'s Chopper model is really, really nice! Well done! :shock:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Magnum92
Captain

#150 Post by Magnum92 »

Good job Golf! :wink:
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!