Table in the guest house

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

Table in the guest house

#1 Post by only looking »

Hey guys was just wondering if anyone knew exactly what the type of table that is seen in the guest house is called? It's very unique and I absolutely love the table and would love to pick one up if I could figure out what to call it LOL it almost looks like an old door or something LOL it's the table that's in front of the sofa with the brown floral print and right in front of the fireplace it's been there forever and I've always liked it, just never knew what to call it if anyone has any ideas please post it here and I can start trying to track one down
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Table in the guest house

#2 Post by Pahonu »

only looking wrote:Hey guys was just wondering if anyone knew exactly what the type of table that is seen in the guest house is called? It's very unique and I absolutely love the table and would love to pick one up if I could figure out what to call it LOL it almost looks like an old door or something LOL it's the table that's in front of the sofa with the brown floral print and right in front of the fireplace it's been there forever and I've always liked it, just never knew what to call it if anyone has any ideas please post it here and I can start trying to track one down
It’s a coffee table in dimensions and it looks to have bamboo legs. The top seems to be rustic wood but it’s hard to tell if it’s solid or a veneer. Definitely a tropical style. There’s a good picture here:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BvWrBmOMSWM/S ... Magnum.jpg

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by only looking »

And then it has the metal bands the top and bottom and then the little circle cutouts it's just confusing it almost looks like horseshoes LOL just never have seen anything like it.. also has anyone ever noticed that the guest house went from a off-white color 2A almost Light Beige over the years lol. I noticed that The Boathouse got painted so I'm assuming maybe the props Department matched it. If you look at the pictures of the boat house later on you can see what the paint has chipped away and the original color is underneath I personally prefer the tannish beige color

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#4 Post by Pahonu »

only looking wrote:And then it has the metal bands the top and bottom and then the little circle cutouts it's just confusing it almost looks like horseshoes LOL just never have seen anything like it.. also has anyone ever noticed that the guest house went from a off-white color 2A almost Light Beige over the years lol. I noticed that The Boathouse got painted so I'm assuming maybe the props Department matched it. If you look at the pictures of the boat house later on you can see what the paint has chipped away and the original color is underneath I personally prefer the tannish beige color

I quickly searched bamboo and wicker table and found this:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1924523988

Keep poking around you might find something closer.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by K Hale »

only looking wrote:And then it has the metal bands the top and bottom and then the little circle cutouts it's just confusing it almost looks like horseshoes LOL just never have seen anything like it.. also has anyone ever noticed that the guest house went from a off-white color 2A almost Light Beige over the years lol. I noticed that The Boathouse got painted so I'm assuming maybe the props Department matched it. If you look at the pictures of the boat house later on you can see what the paint has chipped away and the original color is underneath I personally prefer the tannish beige color
Regarding the painting, at some point early on they painted the walls red in the episode where Higgins had an interior designer in. So after that they’d have had to return to a neutral color.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by K Hale »

Pahonu wrote:

I quickly searched bamboo and wicker table and found this:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1924523988

Keep poking around you might find something closer.
Also search for rattan. The table is a bit like Paul Frankl style rattan furniture. https://www.etsy.com/listing/792382503/ ... aUQAvD_BwE
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by only looking »

Thanks for all the information and ideas, definitely going to have to do some Googling and looking to find exactly what I'm looking for but what is it they say, the thrill of the hunt LOL