Magnum P.I. airs

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

bbert73
Lieutenant

Magnum P.I. airs

#1 Post by bbert73 »

Magnum PI is now airing on Hallmark-Movies and Mysteries every weekday at 2pm till 6pm Central time.

80s Big Hair
Admiral

Re: Magnum P.I. airs

#2 Post by 80s Big Hair »

It has been there for awhile and is actually one of the reasons for my newfound interest in the show.

Cool story, bro:

Last summer a distant relative (not by blood) from Oahu came back to Illinois where she went to college to visit her classmates. Her cousin organized a party for her return that I attended. During dinner I asked her, "When you get in a bind do you call up Thomas Magnum?" She had no idea what I was talking about, but it did get me thinking that that was a very good show from my childhood. The next day I found out that it was on on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and discovered that it was just as good as I remembered it.

It is also on the Charge! network if you get that.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#3 Post by Pahonu »

For those wanting to watch the whole series from the beginning, the final episode followed by the pilot airs Monday on Hallmark.

RushDude
Ensign

#4 Post by RushDude »

I have the series on dvd and I recently watched a few of the Hallmark channel episodes. The Hallmark episodes have a HD watermark on the bottom right in the 4:3 letterbox black bars, and the episodes look quite good. I did some A/B comparisons between the dvds and the hallmark episodes. The hallmark airings do have better colors and are not as grainy as my dvds. Has there been some sort of remastering done or is Hallmark using some sort of wizardry I’m not aware of??

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

It was re-mastered for STARZ several years ago.

RushDude
Ensign

#6 Post by RushDude »

Oh cool, good to know. I wonder if there are any plans to rerelease the remasters on dvd or even better, Blu-ray.