Pahonu Construction

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

Pahonu Construction

#1 Post by Mr. Keoki »

A guy I follow on Instagram took a drone pic of Pahonu the other day. I looks they're finally starting to do a little more work. From the pictures it looks like the got rid of all trees/shrubs along the fence line. The tall palms are there, but that's it.

They also erected a tall green construction fence (to obscure view). I kind of looked like the chain link fence was cut away facing the beach. Hard to tell though. It was still along the property border.

Boat house is still there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ZB7f-pg9U ... hare_sheet

Not sure if that link will work.
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Pahonu Construction

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Oh man. Higgins' poor Grand Flora Queen Elizabeths!!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#3 Post by Pahonu »

It looks like more than a little work. I think we’re looking at concrete forms for foundation work and I also see porta potties and a portable construction office. They’re starting major construction here. There also seems to be some excavation for the pool that’s been permitted.

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Mr. Keoki »

Pahonu wrote:It looks like more than a little work. I think we’re looking at concrete forms for foundation work and I also see porta potties and a portable construction office. They’re starting major construction here. There also seems to be some excavation for the pool that’s been permitted.
Oh yeah. It's go time it seems.
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#5 Post by ConchRepublican »

Mr. Keoki wrote:
Pahonu wrote:It looks like more than a little work. I think we’re looking at concrete forms for foundation work and I also see porta potties and a portable construction office. They’re starting major construction here. There also seems to be some excavation for the pool that’s been permitted.
Whelp . . . here we go. I'm guessing a lot of detail/information will be revealed this year.

:(
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#6 Post by Mr. Keoki »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Mr. Keoki wrote:
Whelp . . . here we go. I'm guessing a lot of detail/information will be revealed this year.

:(
I know the feeling. I was crushed when the place was demolished. Part of me was content that it wasn't fully developed. I've been there twice. I have a feeling the magnum PI vibe is going to be gone for-evah!
Mr. Keoki

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by K Hale »

I just posted this in the main Pahonu thread. Here's a little video I shot February 7, 2020. Imgur won't take the video for some reason so I'm linking the Facebook post where I uploaded it. Public post so all should be able to see.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2200540 ... 222600183/
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by steveadl »

If nothing else, it’s nice that we’ll still have the original boat house there, we hope.

Rands
Rear Admiral

#9 Post by Rands »

Pool? Pool? Why would you put in a pool, when the water is right there? Having been to that beach several times, how could that be improved upon? And the view..... it's like corrupting your high grade vodka with mixers. :higgins:

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by K Hale »

Well, the tidal pool and (shrinking) beach are open to whoever. A pool would be yours exclusively.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

More info to follow, but here's a footprint of the proposed construction on the east and west project sites. Maybe the pool is going on the makai side of the east home site?...

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#12 Post by Pahonu »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:More info to follow, but here's a footprint of the proposed construction on the east and west project sites. Maybe the pool is going on the makai side of the east home site?...

RG, Welcome back!!! It's been too long. You brought us new information once again. :D

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by K Hale »

It can’t be a very big pool if the structures are that large. Looking at all those archaeological test pits reminds me of the human remains they found, whatever happened with that?
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

K Hale wrote:It can’t be a very big pool if the structures are that large. Looking at all those archaeological test pits reminds me of the human remains they found, whatever happened with that?
I believe the remains are at "T6-ext" which looks to be just outside the ell's powder room. The person was a "sub-adult". The Oahu Island Burial Council decided to "preserve in place" rather than relocate. They put a protective plywood box around the burial, installed a concrete cap and a plaque inscribed with "KAPU CALL DLNR" (Dept Land & Natural Resources State Historic Preservation Department) and the identifying artifact number, and placed sand until level with the ground surface.

Last month they discovered two more sets of remains, both adults, in the northwestern part of the property... which is where the boathouse is located.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Pahonu wrote: RG, Welcome back!!! It's been too long. You brought us new information once again. :D
Pahonu, thank you so much! :D Life has been busy. I have more info to share! And I owe you a PM... or two... or three! :oops: