First Tigers Hat Appearance

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MotorCityJeff
Ensign

First Tigers Hat Appearance

#1 Post by MotorCityJeff »

Hello everyone. Perhaps a silly question, but can someone point me to the first episode in which Magnum wears his Tigers hat? I searched the episode summaries and this message board but I didn't have any luck. :magnum:

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: First Tigers Hat Appearance

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

MotorCityJeff wrote:Hello everyone. Perhaps a silly question, but can someone point me to the first episode in which Magnum wears his Tigers hat? I searched the episode summaries and this message board but I didn't have any luck. :magnum:
It's a good question, and I'm not sure. You're likely to get more responses on the main forum.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
MotorCityJeff wrote:Hello everyone. Perhaps a silly question, but can someone point me to the first episode in which Magnum wears his Tigers hat? I searched the episode summaries and this message board but I didn't have any luck. :magnum:
It's a good question, and I'm not sure. You're likely to get more responses on the main forum.
Yes I'm curious too. Posting this on the main forum is an excellent suggestion. I'm sure there are many maniacs here who could give you that answer. I've only seen the first 3 seasons in their entirety and the first 2 episodes of season 4, but honestly I can't remember if the Tigers hat has been introduced yet or not. I want to say "yes" but I'm not positive. It's such a big part of Magnum that one kind of assumes he's always wearing it.

Styles Bitchley

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Here he is wearing it in The Curse of the King Kamehameha Club (1.11). Not sure if it's the first time...

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Here he is wearing it in The Curse of the King Kamehameha Club (1.11). Not sure if it's the first time...

Oh nice! :magnum: That early, eh? I guess it makes sense since TM is so identifiable with that hat of his. For some reason I was thinking maybe it first surfaced in season 2 or 3.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#6 Post by Pahonu »

I thought he wore it in China Doll. Doesn’t he shade Mai Ling with it on the beach?

NotthatRick
Admiral

#7 Post by NotthatRick »

Pahonu wrote:I thought he wore it in China Doll. Doesn’t he shade Mai Ling with it on the beach?
Yes, he does.

Pahonu

#8 Post by Pahonu »

NotthatRick wrote:
Pahonu wrote:I thought he wore it in China Doll. Doesn’t he shade Mai Ling with it on the beach?
Yes, he does.
That’s the first episode after the pilot, then. Does he even wear a hat in the pilot?

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by T.Q. »

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

MotorCityJeff
Ensign

#10 Post by MotorCityJeff »

NotthatRick wrote:
Yes, he does.
Thanks for the great info everyone. I just watched the pilot episodes and he didn't wear it. I have also seen a couple others episodes in season 1 and he didn't wear it (but not China Doll) so that prompted my question.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by MagnumILWU »

It's a baseball "cap", not a hat! Nobody says "cowboy cap"! A hat has a continuous brim.
"pickled egg please"

Pahonu

#12 Post by Pahonu »

MagnumILWU wrote:It's a baseball "cap", not a hat! Nobody says "cowboy cap"! A hat has a continuous brim.
What about a fez? They don’t have brims at all but they’re a kind of hat. Or a tam? I think the various types of caps are kinds of hats. “Hat” would seem to be the term that includes all kinds of headwear except maybe helmets. Those fancy hats royalty wear don’t always have brims. There’s also trucker hats, so called, even though they’re a type of baseball cap. Oh, the English language! So many rules. So many exceptions to the rules! :lol:
Last edited by Pahonu on Mon May 04, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Styles Bitchley

#13 Post by Styles Bitchley »

A cap is just a specific type of hat. Just like a winter hat (or toque, as we call them here in Canada) is a hat. "Baseball cap" is the most common term, of course, but it's not wrong to call it a hat.

- J.Q.H.

Pahonu

#14 Post by Pahonu »

Styles Bitchley wrote:A cap is just a specific type of hat. Just like a winter hat (or toque, as we call them here in Canada) is a hat. "Baseball cap" is the most common term, of course, but it's not wrong to call it a hat.
Agreed! And well put.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by MagnumILWU »

Pahonu wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:A cap is just a specific type of hat. Just like a winter hat (or toque, as we call them here in Canada) is a hat. "Baseball cap" is the most common term, of course, but it's not wrong to call it a hat.
Agreed! And well put.
Well put. Are you kidding me? It is wrong to call it a cap! Go buy a dictionary! Did any of you ever play baseball? NOBODY called it a hat! Only people who know nothing about the sport like you, and newer generations would!
"pickled egg please"