Sleuth Channel

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Sleuth Channel

#1 Post by golfmobile »

We need to start a petition to the Sleuth Channel to show more than only the first three seasons. They are repeating all those shows over and over. Yes, I like 'em, but after months of the same shows over and over . . . . it's wearing out a tad (bite my tongue!!) after four or five viewings of the same thing.

Don't they pay for every airing, not necessarily per season? Seems as though the Sleuth Channel could buy all eight seasons and then run them ALL over and over instead of just the first three? From an economic standpoint, they're going to lose revenue when people stop watching because they've already SEEN the first three seaons three times.

golf, golf, golf, golf, golf (see how boring THAT is?)
"Portside, buddy."

eegorr
Vice Admiral

#2 Post by eegorr »

First we'll need a petition to add the Sleuth Channel to my Cox Cable channel lineup. :wink:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, that seems odd for a channel whose fans recently voted Thomas Magnum "America's Top Sleuth". Now that you've selected him #1, we'll just annoy the heck out of you by constantly cycling through Seasons 1-3!? :?

I know other channels (certain local affiliates, WGN Superstation) offer up all of the seasons, why not Sleuth?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#4 Post by SelleckLover »

I have the same problem as eegorr, my Cox Cable line-up doesn't include the Sleuth Channel either. But Magnum is on here in the Los Angeles area 2 times a day, and they show all 8 seasons on both channels. (WGN & KDOC)

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#5 Post by N1095A »

Sleuth does that with Simon & Simon, and Rockford as well. Particularly annoying since I have MPI seasoms 1-4 on DVD. I've sent then many emails regarding this, but never got a reply.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

bbert73
Lieutenant

Sleuth Channel

#6 Post by bbert73 »

(quote) We need to start a petition to the Sleuth Channel to show more than only the first three seasons. They are repeating all those shows over and over. Yes, I like 'em, but after months of the same shows over and over . . . . it's wearing out a tad (bite my tongue!!) after four or five viewings of the same thing.

golf,
I feel exactly the same way. I've been watching the first three seasons over and over again on Sleuth since the first week of January. I'm getting kinda tired of watching the same one's over and over again. (Hope I don't get banned from this site for saying that). :wink:
A few days ago I sent an email to Sleuth asking why they're only playing the first three, and I got an immediate reply saying "That due to the enormous amount of emails they get everyday, they are unable to answer all the emails they get on a daily basis". :( I haven't seen seasons 4-8 since they first aired when I was a teenager, and I can't wait to see "Home From the Sea" episode 4.1.

golf: I will certainly sign that petition!
Billy