Magnum P.I. deleted from COZI lineup

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Magnum P.I. deleted from COZI lineup

#1 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Why is it that Magnum is taken off the lineup again! I always look forward to watching some episodes from my DVR when I need to get away from the real world...chit!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Magnum P.I. deleted from COZI lineup

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

Hawaii Winds wrote:Why is it that Magnum is taken off the lineup again! I always look forward to watching some episodes from my DVR when I need to get away from the real world...chit!
My guide shows it's back on COZI on 11/3. It's also running on Telexito if su habla espanol.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Hawaii Winds wrote:Why is it that Magnum is taken off the lineup again! I always look forward to watching some episodes from my DVR when I need to get away from the real world...chit!
My guide shows it's back on COZI on 11/3. It's also running on Telexito if su habla espanol.
Hi Guys,
I find it's sometimes good to take a break from my favorite TV series or movies. If you become too familiar with them the "magic" is soon gone. I have been skipping over
many of the most dramatic Magnum episodes on COZI for that reason. While not a great episode - I forgot it's name - the one where at the end Rick and TC
witness the woman tossed to her death, for me that is one of the great TV moments of the 1980's and I don't want it to become so familiar that I'm looking to see
if I can spot a boom mic or the reflection of the film crew in the scene.
I'm still happy COZI will soon start up with Magnum again, I can watch the Luther Gillis and most other episodes over and over.
Just an aside, but on reflection maybe the episode I mentioned above was deliberately understated till that amazing end bit with the woman's death so that it would
be even more effective. I STILL recall when it was first run on CBS, staring at the screen in horror when she was tossed over. Rarely has a TV scene been so impactful.
Then again maybe it's just me.
------------------------------------------------------
What happens in Vegas, er, Al's, stays in Al's:
Higgins and Luther enter Al's Country Bar and Billiard Den disguised as Texans Elmo Ziller and his sidekick Hubert. They invite two barflies to play pool.
Dexter: "Ain't got no quarters. You got any quarters Artie?"
Artie: "Nope. Sure don't Dexter. I got no quarters since last Thursday when that feller and his monkey came through."
Dexter: "Yeah, the sucker sure could dance."

barbqme2
Ensign

#4 Post by barbqme2 »

Good news! Magnum P.I. is now on Amazon's Prime Video.

Old Düsseldorf
Lieutenant

#5 Post by Old Düsseldorf »

barbqme2 wrote:Good news! Magnum P.I. is now on Amazon's Prime Video.
Thanks for this tip!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Sam »

Hi OD...season one is available on a free app..
Tubi TV.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ConchRepublican wrote:
On Sundays on COZI Rockford Files and then Magnum run in a 4 hour block from 11 am to 3 pm. They complement each other, now if only they'd add
Simon & Simon to that lineup. All 3 leavened the action with humor, flawed heroes and top notch guest character actors.
Off hand I can't think of any new series like them. Maybe it's hard finding believable leading man "tough guys" in the 21st century or the writers that can pen
episodes for them.
If they remade Simon & Simon for the decade of the 2020's they'd probably recast AJ and Rick Simon as lapsed Marxist Aztec-Americans who write erotica
on the side and have a lesbian cat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"As my sainted mother used to say, one trick at a time."...Trampas(Brian Donlevy) in The Virginian (1946)
(It's amazing what they got past censors back when if you pay attention)
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by nha trang »

I noticed that Cozi TV is showing the end of season 3 today with "Faith and Begorrah" so I am actually in sync with the showings even though I am watching the series on Amazon prime!

I posted my season rankings on this, my second series rewatch, in the general discussion forums (so far through season 3)

I look forward to reading the posts of any other Magnum Maniacs who are watching!

PS - I've avoided seeing any episodes of the reboot (thankfully)

AND PS - tomorrow is my 9 year anniversary on this forum!

See you all around

nha trang :magnum:

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by terryfromkerry »

:magnum: :higgins:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

shaun082
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#10 Post by shaun082 »

I just posted a topic about this. HALLMARK MOVIES HD WILL PICK UP Magnum PI starting on Jan 5th. Ch 193 on Optimum.