Shocking Flubs!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#91 Post by golfmobile »

Mack,

Plumeria bushes: I would vote "no, not a flub" because we have two very small plumeria trees in planting pots (we brought home the legally packaged "stalks" from one of our Hawaii trips and planted them in pots). We can't leave them outside all year 'round here in the Atlanta area or they'd free and die in the winter. So we bring them indoors come winter. However, every spring they sprout new flowers and leaves and grow a little more. But right now they are only "bush" size.

So maybe Higgins was starting them off from seedlings or rootings so they were in pots until they get "established."

See the Sunday, September 9, Post for Magnum, G.I.
golf
"Portside, buddy."

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#92 Post by Shermy »

Mack wrote:So for a "Botanist" would this be considered a "Shocking Flub"?
As golf suggested, the most "shocking" flubs are ones that defy the show's own internal logic. The kind've stuff you'd assume someone on the crew would've caught- like birthdates or names that are rarely the same twice.

I generally give them a pass on stuff that wouldn't really be common knowledge for the audience (at the time). For example, they took a great deal of liberties with computers during the series. But since most viewers were still unfamiliar with the subject, it's easier to overlook Magnum crashing an entire system by simply typing, "drop dead". :lol:

MAGNUM308
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#93 Post by MAGNUM308 »

James I can't remember which episode it is, but at one point Magnum is in a bar I think and if you look out the front window you can see TC's van drive by.

Mack
Commander

#94 Post by Mack »

Thanks all for the clarity. :? One last question on this subject; would a continuity flaw be a type of "flub"? Perhaps not "shocking" but I would guess a "flub" nontheless.
I still have fun noting any "continuity flaws" or whatever you might want to label the error as. Thats it, I'm done now.
Off Subject: I think my wife got me Season 7 for Christmas. Merry Christmas to everyone. Aloha. :D
Hana Hou!

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#95 Post by Shermy »

Mack wrote:I still have fun noting any "continuity flaws" or whatever you might want to label the error as.
Oh yeah, nothing wrong with that. I was just trying to clarify what the "shocking" section is usually reserved for.

But above all, absolutely none of this should be taken too seriously. If it's a funny observation, we'd all love to hear it. :)

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#96 Post by Doc Ibold »

OK, I've got one.

In "The Jororo Kill", when Bannister dresses up as a nun, you can CLEARLY see that he is wearing a wedding ring in both instances (beginning sequence and end sequence).

Flub anyone?

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#97 Post by IslandHopper »

Mack wrote:So for us non-military guys, how are we to know which way to point a weapon in a helicopter?
Mack, I can't speak for anyone else, but my experience as an infantryman was that we were taught to point the barrels of our weapons to the floor of the helicopter regardless of the type of helicopter we were flying in, especially if you had live rounds. The purpose of this was safety. If a round accidentally fired it would go down through the floor of the helicopter and not up toward the engine and rotor blades. Again, I can't speak for others, but that is what we did. :)
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Mack
Commander

#98 Post by Mack »

That would seem logical IH. Thanks for the input.
Hana Hou!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#99 Post by J.J. Walters »

Well, another flub has made the cut - The Rick's Parents debacle (dead, alive, then dead again)! It's been added to the "Shocking Flubs" page.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

wilko
Captain

#100 Post by wilko »

Not sure if this a flub in the shooting but in the scenes where TC and Magnum are in TC's van they are driving along the sea so that the land is on TC's side and the sea on Magnum's side. However when there is a side shot looking directly at both TC and Magnum you can see the sea behind both of them!

higgybaby1
Lieutenant Commander

#101 Post by higgybaby1 »

Not quite a flub but a camera mistake... In the final hotel scene of Magnum On Icewhile Jessica is speaking to the other woman before TM appears on the window sill, there is a boom operator visible on the left side of the frame for nearly 20 seconds.
I may have only been able to see this because of a wide screen television though :? Let me know if you catch it! Happy Hunting!
OH MY GAWD!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#102 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hey, great spot there higgybaby1! You can see his reflection on the edge of a mirror. And you're right, he's there for quite some time! :shock:

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Magnum92
Captain

#103 Post by Magnum92 »

That's a good pick up there spotting out the Boom mic operator like that! :wink:
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

higgybaby1
Lieutenant Commander

#104 Post by higgybaby1 »

I swear this section will be the death of me. I already watch my Magnum seasons daily and now its almost to much! Maybe I should get back to studying...
OH MY GAWD!

higgybaby1
Lieutenant Commander

#105 Post by higgybaby1 »

Here is a new inconsistency to investigate..I cannot recall the episode but in a narration in an episode after season six Magnum states, "my Mom and I moved out of Tidewater when I was very young..." contradicting his implied graduation from Tidewater High in season 6 "Going Home."

Any input??
OH MY GAWD!