Currently streaming on Amazon!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

cheli
Ensign

Currently streaming on Amazon!!

#1 Post by cheli »

All seasons except for season 6 (?) are currently on Amazon Prime Video as of July 3, 2019! At least in the USA

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Re: Currently streaming on Amazon!!

#2 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

FINALLY!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: Now, what's the deal with season 6??????????? :?

mettle1
Ensign

#3 Post by mettle1 »

I just watched the 'Infinity and Jelly Doughnuts' episode on Amazon Prime. Must be the blu-ray version. Compared to the version I have on DVD I noticed they fixed a few things: 1) The green green screen in the lower right during that extreme close-up before Magnum wakes up from the coma is now sky blue. 2) When Magnum jumps behind some boxes after first being shot at after re-entering the warehouse, the cushion he jumps on has been cropped out. 3) The sound also seems enhanced throughout with possibly some additional effects added.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I watched "The Black Orchid" a couple of days ago and I thought the sound was really poor. I did a lot of fiddling with my TV's audio settings while watching. I think these are same versions that ran on STARZ.

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by nha trang »

This was all the reason I need to start my second viewing of the series!

I will see you all in the season comments section again!

nha trang

cracker499
Ensign

#6 Post by cracker499 »

Echoes of the Mind is missing, along with some scattered episodes from season 5. I Witness is also missing. Does anyone know what's going on with this?

A little background. I am 41 years old and used to watch Magnum with my parents when I was a kid, but I never had a serious viewing of the series. Last year I subscribed to Starz streaming service and began watching the episodes. I was shocked by the quality of the HD, but also the quality of the series as a whole. I was halfway through Season 4 when Starz pulled the plug. 6 months later - Now I've picked up again with Amazon Prime, unfortunately I can only get another 8 episodes in until hitting another gap. I know the reputation of Echoes, I've been marking the top 40 episodes as I go along. At this stage, I've seen about half of the Top 40. Obviously I do not want to skip Echoes of the Mind or season 6 or any of it really. But I also don't want to wait much longer for 7 and 8, since there are so many good ones there, and I actually remember some of those later ones from years ago. So what should I do? Any suggestions?

Cagliostro
Lieutenant Commander

#7 Post by Cagliostro »

cracker499 wrote:Echoes of the Mind is missing, along with some scattered episodes from season 5. I Witness is also missing. Does anyone know what's going on with this?

A little background. I am 41 years old and used to watch Magnum with my parents when I was a kid, but I never had a serious viewing of the series. Last year I subscribed to Starz streaming service and began watching the episodes. I was shocked by the quality of the HD, but also the quality of the series as a whole. I was halfway through Season 4 when Starz pulled the plug. 6 months later - Now I've picked up again with Amazon Prime, unfortunately I can only get another 8 episodes in until hitting another gap. I know the reputation of Echoes, I've been marking the top 40 episodes as I go along. At this stage, I've seen about half of the Top 40. Obviously I do not want to skip Echoes of the Mind or season 6 or any of it really. But I also don't want to wait much longer for 7 and 8, since there are so many good ones there, and I actually remember some of those later ones from years ago. So what should I do? Any suggestions?

The best solution I can think of as of right now (7-13-19) is to buy the series on iTunes, they have the entire series on sale for $29.99. Or you you don’t have any Apple stuff and want it in HD still I suggest purchasing it on Microsoft Movies & Television, unfortunately it’s not on sale there right now so it’s probably $69.99. The only other option I can think of is to head down to your local Walmart and look in the electronics section at the TV on DVD section and see if they have it there. They probably will, and it will be $59.96. If you do decide to go with that option it’s not a bad one, the set looked super nice when I saw it at my local Walmart the other night.

cracker499
Ensign

#8 Post by cracker499 »

Cagliostro wrote: The best solution I can think of as of right now (7-13-19) is to buy the series on iTunes, they have the entire series on sale for $29.99. Or you you don’t have any Apple stuff and want it in HD still I suggest purchasing it on Microsoft Movies & Television, unfortunately it’s not on sale there right now so it’s probably $69.99. The only other option I can think of is to head down to your local Walmart and look in the electronics section at the TV on DVD section and see if they have it there. They probably will, and it will be $59.96. If you do decide to go with that option it’s not a bad one, the set looked super nice when I saw it at my local Walmart the other night.
Hmm, well I don't have Apple TV or the XBox so it looks like I might be out of luck. I do have an Amazon Firestick and a Samsung smart TV. Not sure if that does me any good or not. I see Microsoft offers some flexibility in allowing you to buy seasons or individual episodes. I definitely want to stick with the HD versions. Perhaps I will email Amazon and ask them the status on the ones they are missing. Maybe these are just post launch glitches that will be resolved? Anyways, this is great information Cagliosro I thank you. I will keep working on this and report back. Closing in on the end of season 4 now.

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by Nikita70 »

I started watching the HD versions on Prime just last week. I’ve been waiting for the iTunes version to go on sale and didn’t hesitate to buy it.
I have always been a physical media fan. Unfortunately there just isn’t a Blu-ray release that works for me. If the U.K. release had subtitles I’d buy it but it doesn’t. That’s a deal breaker for me. So this is really my best and only option to “own” the series. I’d still buy a Blu-ray set if Universal releases one and does it right.
After your viewing these in HD I don’t recommend you buying the DVD sets. I think you would be disappointed.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by K Hale »

I bought the series on iTunes and I don’t have any Apple stuff other than an iPhone and iPad. I play the episodes on my Windows computer. Beautiful quality.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

cracker499
Ensign

#11 Post by cracker499 »

Nikita70 wrote:I started watching the HD versions on Prime just last week. I’ve been waiting for the iTunes version to go on sale and didn’t hesitate to buy it.
I have always been a physical media fan. Unfortunately there just isn’t a Blu-ray release that works for me. If the U.K. release had subtitles I’d buy it but it doesn’t. That’s a deal breaker for me. So this is really my best and only option to “own” the series. I’d still buy a Blu-ray set if Universal releases one and does it right.
After your viewing these in HD I don’t recommend you buying the DVD sets. I think you would be disappointed.
Yeah I wouldn't invest in the DVDs at this point. The HD versions are too important and too good for that. I do still enjoy getting certain things on blu-ray, but for a series of this length, it just seems more practical to stream them, and I already got so deep in with Starz. I think maybe I'll just get Echoes of the Mind on Microsoft and watch it on my computer, then do seasons 5, 7 and 8 on Prime. I would end up skipping season 6, unless Amazon gets their crap together by then. There's not a lot of Top 40 in there. How do you guys feel about season 6? Is it essential viewing, or can it be done later?

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by K Hale »

I think all seasons are essential viewing, but that’s just me.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

K Hale wrote:I think all seasons are essential viewing, but that’s just me.
I agree. Way of the Stalking Horse from season 6 is in my top 10.

Cagliostro
Lieutenant Commander

#14 Post by Cagliostro »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:
K Hale wrote:I think all seasons are essential viewing, but that’s just me.
I agree. Way of the Stalking Horse from season 6 is in my top 10.

Oh season 6 is definitely unmissable. It has so many good episodes, my personal favorite is The Treasure of Kalaniopu'u.

cracker499
Ensign

#15 Post by cracker499 »

Cagliostro wrote: Oh season 6 is definitely unmissable. It has so many good episodes, my personal favorite is The Treasure of Kalaniopu'u.
Are there any story threads from S6 that carry over into S7 and S8?

Update: I have 8 more episodes in season 5. I ended up buying Echoes of the Mind on Youtube. $2.99 for HD, but the HD didn't look as good as the amazon versions. But at least I got to watch it on the TV instead of the PC. Enjoyed Sharon Stone's appearance. Perhaps she's the hold up in clearing that one. Probably asking for more money or something. I did finish all the Top 40 episodes of season 5 at this point. But soon I will hit the big season 6 gap. I did talk to amazon about the missing episodes but they weren't that helpful in giving an explanation. They basically said their deal with the content provider does not include those episodes at this time, but to check back later. Pretty lame.