photos from April 2019 visit to Pahonu

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

Re: photos from April 2019 visit to Pahonu

#31 Post by TSMIV »

TSMIV wrote:
Mac wrote:Nice Photos, Great cuff links!!
Hi Mac,

My pleasure and thanks to you, 308GUY, K Hale and Mr Keoki for the nice comments about the cufflinks. My wife actually outdid herself with getting presents for my 50th birthday - she also bought me a replica team ring! :lol: Here’s a photo of me displaying the ring whilst at the same time channelling my inner George Costanza hand model. I don’t wear it around normally - it has pride of place on the shelf in my mancave..

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#32 Post by TSMIV »

nha trang wrote:This is great - could I ask a favor?

Any way you could post the high resolution (like your first attempted posting) of the shot with the turtle enclosure and rabbit island in the background? Also, any of the ones with the seawall or the shot of the iconic stairs leading to the beach gate?

Awesome job on the pictures, these are the best pictures I've yet to see of pahonu. I'd really like to get the ones mentioned and have one framed to be honest with you. We don't have much left anymore but thanks to fans like yourself and this board we do have something!

Happy 50th chap, and happy memorial day everyone

Sincerely,

Nha Trang
Hi Nha Trang,

Sure, no problem at all, I’d be happy to provide you (and 308GUY) with the high resolution photos (and thanks for your kind comments about the photos). I’m very flattered that you’re considering framing one of the photos - particularly given that many of them were taken with a dodgy 10 year old iPod that I was using as a back-up! :)

Would you mind if sent you and 308GUY the photos via private message as opposed to posting them on the Magnum Mania website? I was concerned that posting the ‘large’ photos on the MM website would distort the viewability of the page.

Many thanks for the kind birthday wishes. My family and I had a lovely birthday brunch (and one or two drinks) in Kaiona Beach Park, just around the corner from Pahonu. It was an absolutely beautiful setting and I could not have wished for a more perfect setting for my birthday - I absolutely love that place

Yellow_13
Ensign

#33 Post by Yellow_13 »

Well, these pictures ARE great looking after all, not to mention that so many of them still give the same vibes as they do in the series, even with several decades between the setting and our days.

JosipCro
Captain

#34 Post by JosipCro »

TSMIV wrote:Thank goodness the boathouse is still standing! :lol:

I really hope that this will not collapse like a house :|