photos from April 2019 visit to Pahonu

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

photos from April 2019 visit to Pahonu

#1 Post by TSMIV »

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

Re: photos from April 2019 visit to Pahonu

#2 Post by TSMIV »

Hi all - my apologies for the poor quality of this photo. I'm trying to load up some photos from my recent visit to Pahonu and have obviously not mastered the vagaries of IMGUR. I tried to delete this post but was unable ti :(

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by TSMIV »

Take 2....

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by TSMIV »

Hi guys,

Could I please seek your help? As you can see from my pathetic efforts above, my attempts to post some photos from a recent visit to Pahonu have been a spectacular failure.

By way of background, I’ve successfully loaded up my photos onto the IMGUR site. However, when I subsequently try to post them to the Magnum Mania site, I’m only partially successful - ie as you can see from the above posts, an image is posted but this image is only one small section of the actual photo (e.g. the above two photos are actually pictures of the ‘Magnum helicopter’ from the Turtle Beach Resort - however, the actual image that was loaded onto the Magnum Mania website only contains a small portion of the actual photo).

When I copied my ‘photo link’ from IMGUR (i.e. to copy and post into Magnum Mania), there were six options - i.e. (1) ‘Image Link’ (2) ‘Direct Link’ (3) ‘Markdown link’ (4) ‘HTML’ (5) ‘BBCode’ (6) ‘Linked BBCode’. I tried both the ‘BBCode’ and ‘Linked BBCode’ options but experienced the above mentioned problem with both options.

At the bottom of the IMGUR screen there are various photo size options - i.e. ‘Original’, ’Small Square’, ‘Big Square’, ‘Small Thumbnail’, ‘Medium Thumbnail’, ‘Large Thumbnail’, ‘Huge Thumbnail’. Would anybody have any suggestions as to the best size option to select? (I had selected the ‘Original’ option in my unsuccessful attempts above).

Plus, when I perused some previous posts on Magnum Mania (relating to this topic), I noticed a reference to ‘using the ‘img’ forum function. Any guidance as to (i) where this function can be located and (ii) how this function can be used would be much appreciated.

I’d be most appreciative of any guidance that any fellow Magnum Maniacs could provide!

Many thanks again

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by 308GUY »

Hi TS:

I'm probably the last guy who should respond to this, as I have my own issues with posting pics, and I'm certainly not modern day "computer savvy" enough to point you in the right direction.

You're entire image is there..it's just so large that only a portion of it shows on the page at a time. If you scroll you can see the entire thing, but just one section at a time.

In the options you mentioned, you might try large thumbnail and see what results...as it may be a size large enough to see the whole picture, but small enough to fit entirely on the page without scrolling.

Hopefully, somebody more versed in picture perfect internet etiquette will chime in and be able to give you specific instructions on how to do what you need to.

Anxious to see your pics! Hope you get it figured out! :magnum: :geek:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by K Hale »

Try medium thumbnail, I think that’s the one I use. Just select medium thumbnail and THEN copy the contents of the little box with the link that’s for using in forums (it starts with IMG so you don’t have to add anything) and then paste the link here.

Edited to add: it’s the BBCode link, I believe.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by TSMIV »

Hi 308Guy and K Hale,

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out - very kind of you indeed and I really appreciate it! :D :magnum:

I will use your kind advice to take another crack at loading up my photos.

Thanks again for taking the time to help - Magnum Maniacs are truly wonderful folk :D

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by TSMIV »

Alrighty, here goes attempt # 3 at loading up some photos from a recent (late April visit to Pahonu) - here's a shot from the tidal pool

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by TSMIV »

Here's couple more tidal pool related shots (a big thanks again to 308Guy and K Hale for showing me how to load up the photos! :D )

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#10 Post by TSMIV »

These photos (taken from the tidal pool wall) focus on the area where the the beautiful house and its lovely surrounds were previously located. The new owner does not appear to have done much in the way of rennovations since the house was demolished last year….(Higgins :higgins: would be traumatised at what’s become of his prize winning garden!.. :( )

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by TSMIV »

Thank goodness the boathouse is still standing! :lol:

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#12 Post by TSMIV »

Forgive my indulgence, but I had to throw in these shots for a little bit of fun… :)

The background is that I was lucky enough to be at Pahonu on the day of my 50th birthday and my lovely sister in law had just given me an absolutely magnificent gift - Magnum PI cufflinks!! So as to ensure that I triggered the full magical and restorative powers of the cufflinks, I thought that they should be ‘christened’ appropriately - accordingly, I placed them on an iconic location in the tidal pool..... :magnum:

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#13 Post by TSMIV »

Rest assured that I’ll post more photos tomorrow! I’ve got an early start at work tomorrow and this geriatric 50 year old needs his beauty sleep…. :)

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by 308GUY »

Great job TM...I mean TS!

Got them all saved into my "Pahonu" picture folder. Thank you!

Any shots of the gate house? I'm guessing it's also still standing (at least for now.. :cry: )

Great story about the cufflinks...have never seen those before! Very neat.

Looking forward to any more pics you care to share.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by K Hale »

Great photos!! Especially the shots standing on the wall. What’s that vertical pole, I wonder?

Love the cuff links!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!