What would a sequel look like if Magnum ended w/ Season 7?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Algernon Farnsworth
Lieutenant Commander

What would a sequel look like if Magnum ended w/ Season 7?

#1 Post by Algernon Farnsworth »

Just a little thought exercise. :)

I'm thinking the technicality doesn't hold in court and Rick gets sent back to prison. Due to events there he stays a bit longer than expected. The show then becomes about him trying to figure out what happened in a Hawaii very different than the one he remembered, interspersed with flashbacks to his time in prison; half cold-case murder mystery, half drama about reintegration into society for ex-cons. Synthwave remixes of the original soundtrack.

What would your version of a sequel/reboot look like if the show had ended with Season 7?

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

Re: What would a sequel look like if Magnum ended w/ Season

#2 Post by Mr. Keoki »

While Season 8 wasn't that great, I can't wrap my mind around it actually ending with season 7. So it's hard for me to say. I'm not sure you can really bring back a "sequel" where the title character is mortally wounded, his ghost floats around making amends, and then dies.

Even if it is essentially a new age reboot.
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

Nifty911
Captain

#3 Post by Nifty911 »

Some of this has been discussed before. It would be so easy, and wouldn't alienate most of a generation.

All they have to do is introduce Magnum's daughter as the new "Magnum" or central character.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KingKC »

[quote="Nifty911"]Some of this has been discussed before. It would be so easy, and wouldn't alienate most of a generation.

All they have to do is introduce Magnum's daughter as the new "Magnum" or central character.[/quote

Agreed!!!!!

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Laohu »

So instead of gender swapping Higgins they gender swap Magnum . Most people said they would not like it with Higgins now they say Perdita is the best part of the show . I would be willing to give it a chance but I don’t think we will ever see this made into a series.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by perfectlykevin »

Would be interesting to have 2 different magnum shows on at the same time. :) Not that I'm interested in a Magnum's Daughter" type show, but could be seen like DC did with many of there characters, alternate reality versions of the same character. It's how I view the new Magnum to the classic Magnum.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Laohu »

If I remember right the Magnum reboot with Magnum’s daughter was going to be on ABC . If that is right I am think that CBS hassome type of exclusivity Clause in the contract With Magnum’s creators so the other networks can’t compete with another Magnum show .

Amian
Admiral

#8 Post by Amian »

perfectlykevin wrote:Would be interesting to have 2 different magnum shows on at the same time. :) Not that I'm interested in a Magnum's Daughter" type show, but could be seen like DC did with many of there characters, alternate reality versions of the same character. It's how I view the new Magnum to the classic Magnum.
Maybe not at the same time, but spinoffs are a time-honored TV tradition. The Lily Magnum show is still a great concept, I think.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Amian wrote:
perfectlykevin wrote:Would be interesting to have 2 different magnum shows on at the same time. :) Not that I'm interested in a Magnum's Daughter" type show, but could be seen like DC did with many of there characters, alternate reality versions of the same character. It's how I view the new Magnum to the classic Magnum.
Maybe not at the same time, but spinoffs are a time-honored TV tradition. The Lily Magnum show is still a great concept, I think.
I'm all on board for The Lilly Magnum Show, just as long as they have Grandpa, Eddie, Herman and Marilyn on as well.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Laohu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
Amian wrote:
I'm all on board for The Lilly Magnum Show, just as long as they have Grandpa, Eddie, Herman and Marilyn on as well.

If you are going to replace Zeus and Apollo with spot then I am out, spot never could keep his cool