Who owns the DVDs?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Do you own the series for the oringal show on DVD?

YES
90%
NO
3%
JUST A FEW
8%

Total votes: 40

Nifty911
Captain

Who owns the DVDs?

#1 Post by Nifty911 »

I see posts of people waiting for Magnum on Encore and other TV. Since many seem to be diehard fans, how many don't have the DVD sets?

I bought them all at once about 15 years ago and have watched all from start to finish many times, taking two or three every other night or so. The best part was, there were three seasons I had never seen - so it was all new to me.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Who owns the DVDs?

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

I own the complete series on DVD and the blu-ray import.

CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by K Hale »

I have:
*the DVDs
*another set of DVDs bought on sale that fit in a case
*the iTunes version
*downloads of the iTunes version in case iTunes quits carrying it
*a flash drive with copies of the downloaded iTunes version in case my computer blows up

So I’d say I’m set.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Nifty911
Captain

#4 Post by Nifty911 »

I just think people could get the DVDs and not worry about what is aired and when.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by K Hale »

I think a lot of times people like to watch episodes live, like they did in the 80s when they were first aired.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by eagle »

K Hale wrote:I think a lot of times people like to watch episodes live, like they did in the 80s when they were first aired.
I would definitely like to watch it live, but seem to always be at work when it's on locally.

Responding to the OP: I have the complete DVD set, and I have watched it many times. The full series set I bought included only the syndicated version of "Ki'is Don't Lie," so I additionally bought the older season 1 DVD set in order to have the original as-aired versions of that episode and its Simon & Simon crossover. When I watch that episode, I watch the 2-part crossover, then I go back and rewatch the airport scene at the end of the syndicated version. In my current progression through the series, I am in season 3, so I just watched that episode a week or two ago.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I have all the DVDs and the UK Blu Rays complete.

All episodes are stored on my iPhone and iPad and are watched regularly.

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by Mr. Greene »

I have all seasons on DVD, I like having them on the shelf

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I have the individual seasons on DVD. The first few seasons are the double sided discs. So far I haven't had any issues with them. I want a blu-ray set, but I don't have a region free player. I check Amazon, Google Play and FandangoNow everyday waiting for them to run the complete series on sale like iTunes did, but it hasn't happened yet. :(

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by eagle »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:I have the individual seasons on DVD. The first few seasons are the double sided discs. So far I haven't had any issues with them. I want a blu-ray set, but I don't have a region free player. I check Amazon, Google Play and FandangoNow everyday waiting for them to run the complete series on sale like iTunes did, but it hasn't happened yet. :(
What was the iTunes sale price? It's $70 now.

I see, though, that both the S&S and Murder, She Wrote crossovers are the syndicated single-ep versions, not the crossover versions. Bummer.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

What was the iTunes sale price? It's $70 now.
It was $35 a while back.

Cagliostro
Lieutenant Commander

#12 Post by Cagliostro »

I own the dvd’s, have the series on Microsoft Movies & Television, and if there a US Blu-Ray release I’ll own that too.

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

I have all the DVDs - and the early seasons are those damn double-sided discs that gradually fail. The first season discs were the worst - usually side 2 fading and mottling. Nearly half the episodes don't play now. Since Universal is not going to replace those defective discs for me, I've had to find a torrent and download the first season episodes that no longer play.

I bought a little digital video player with composite output, then ripped all my DVDs with Handbrake and put them on the player. The player is connected to a CRT TV (for that old style feel). I also have a modulator and a second digital player. With the modulator, I can "broadcast" my own local television channel (range just covers my property). I plan on playing random TV shows from the 50's to the 80's. I can turn on any TV - even my small portable CRTs - turn to my channel and see what's on. :D

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Chris109 »

I bought the first 2 seasons on dvd. Like everyone else, the discs did weird things. I just went the download route and have all the seasons in 1080p. Have them on an external hard drive and plug it into the usb port of the tv or my media player.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by K Hale »

Chris109 wrote:I bought the first 2 seasons on dvd. Like everyone else, the discs did weird things. I just went the download route and have all the seasons in 1080p. Have them on an external hard drive and plug it into the usb port of the tv or my media player.
This is what I did with my 1080p iTunes downloads. Brilliant picture for this old of a show, far better than the DVDs. Looks like Bluray to me.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!