What episode? Magnum hurt his leg playing "Over the Line"?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

e5j
Ensign

What episode? Magnum hurt his leg playing "Over the Line"?

#1 Post by e5j »

Greetings,

A friend told me he saw an episode (original series, not reboot) where Magnum stated he hurt his leg playing "Over the Line". Does anyone know what episode this occurred in?

Over the Line is a beach sport, basically 3-on-3 beach softball without base running, invented in San Diego in the late 1950s.

It's stunning to think that reference occurred in the show. If anyone knows which episode, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

MikeS
Admiral

Re: What episode? Magnum hurt his leg playing "Over the Line

#2 Post by MikeS »

Hi e5j

Welcome :D

Your post sparked a bit of interest for me, being a SD native... it looks like the ep you're referring to is 6.19, probably the longest title of MPI, maybe of any show ever!

Who is Don Luis Higgins, and Why is He Doing These Terrible Things to Me?

You can read the forum thread for the episode if you like -> http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=186 -- The last page IIRC mentions OTL.
MikeS

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Re: What episode? Magnum hurt his leg playing "Over the Line

#3 Post by MagnumILWU »

We played "Over the Line" growing up, at the park with a hardball! Two on each team. Your own teammate would pitch to you. You had a line. marked my two objects. The two guys in the field, one would play the infield, and the other the outfield. If you hit the ball on the ground through the line, it was a single. Anything over the infielders head, that landed before the outfielder could catch it was a double. If the oufielder missed the ball, it was a triple, and over his head was a homerun! Anything caught of course was an out. Threee outs and nine innings, like a regular game. I grew up in Portland OR in the 60's/70's, and thousands of kids played it this way! Great fun when you only have a few guys to play ball! You might play shorter innings, if you had a team that was going to play the winner!
"pickled egg please"