Just got blocked from FB page

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

Just got blocked from FB page

#1 Post by No need to know! »

I have been here for like 8 years.

I was told on the FB page that Magnum used a kit car over a corvette and i said they where wrong, and that they used the 308, and Miami Vice used a corvette. After that i was banned.

Wth!

I didn´t want to start a storm.
Onion´s extra?

Nifty911
Captain

Re: Just got blocked from FB page

#2 Post by Nifty911 »

No need to know! wrote:I have been here for like 8 years.

I was told on the FB page that Magnum used a kit car over a corvette and i said they where wrong, and that they used the 308, and Miami Vice used a corvette. After that i was banned.

Wth!

I thought one of the kit cars was a Fiero underneath.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by K Hale »

Are you sure you’re banned from the page? I saw that thread and it was just one guy who blocked you. That just means he doesn’t see your posts anymore, and you don’t see his. I’ve blocked trolls on there myself, it doesn’t stop them from posting on the page. Only an administrator or moderator can ban you and he just looked like some guy.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by K Hale »

I tagged you on the FB page, let us know if you can see it. If you are banned you will not be able to read it or post.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Chris109 »

OH...MY...GOD!
This world has turned into a bunch of crybabies. Some dude blocks you over what car kit was used? Gimme a break. I wonder if he got any sleep last night. Or if he kicked his dog. Or threw his Spaghetti-Os up against the wall. Or...

Reef monkey
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Reef monkey »

Nifty911 wrote:

Wth!

I believe that is correct, kit cars over Pontiac Fieros were used for action driving scenes where there was an elevated chance of the car being damaged. And then they used a Fiat X1/9 for Mac’s death scene in “Did you see the sunrise?”
My essay "In Country: Place and Historical Connection in Magnum PI", about the importance of the Honolulu/Vietnam connection in the show:
http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 850#p57850

Nifty911
Captain

#7 Post by Nifty911 »

Reef monkey wrote:
Nifty911 wrote:

Wth!

I believe that is correct, kit cars over Pontiac Fieros were used for action driving scenes where there was an elevated chance of the car being damaged. And then they used a Fiat X1/9 for Mac’s death scene in “Did you see the sunrise?”
I heard they had three cars. One was definitely a kit.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by eagle »

Nifty911 wrote:
Reef monkey wrote: I believe that is correct, kit cars over Pontiac Fieros were used for action driving scenes where there was an elevated chance of the car being damaged. And then they used a Fiat X1/9 for Mac’s death scene in “Did you see the sunrise?”
I heard they had three cars. One was definitely a kit.
I don't know why I always thought this, but I always though they really destroyed a 308 in that scene. Silly me. Glad to know it was a fake.

Nifty911
Captain

#9 Post by Nifty911 »

What FB group is this? I saw a few.

Amazing how sensitive people become when someone disagrees with them. I was booted from another group by an overzealous admin who reminded me of the grade school hall monitor.

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#10 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Reef monkey wrote:
Nifty911 wrote:

Wth!

Wow...really? I'll have to watch that episode again!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#11 Post by ConchRepublican »

Wth!

Not surprised, FB is getting worse and worse . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by perfectlykevin »

Yeah, I posted something there too. Deleted. I guess everything has to be sanctioned and blessed by some zealot. Oh well