Magnum on ITUNES!!!!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

NicRuf
Ensign

Magnum on ITUNES!!!!!

#1 Post by NicRuf »

I just saw today that the complete series is now on ITunes for purchase for $35!!!!!! All 162 episodes in HD!

I’m guessing this is new as it’s featured on iTunes and i haven’t seen it previously.

Wooooooo

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

Re: Magnum on ITUNES!!!!!

#2 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

Amazing find. I just bought it. I watch it now on STARZ in HD, but that’s not a permanent solution and I travel a lot for work. Your investigative skills are as good as TM himself. Thanks again NicRuf. Welcome to the world of Maniacs and that’s the best first post I’ve ever seen.
Faith and Begorrah!

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#3 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

Real time update, I’m watching “Computer Date” on both my Apple TV and STARZ HD off my DVR. I’m watching on a 4K TV with a sound bar. The sound quality is definitely richer on iTunes. The iTunes source print is a little darker, a little more dynamic when the scene is outdoors. Here’s the big thing. They’ve converted the aspect ratio to 16:9. Its a little difficult to watch because the tops of heads are missing in some scenes, etc. It’s just strange seeing something old in a new way. Watching a scene right now where TM is doing surveillance in the Ferrari while it’s raining. It looks like I could walk up to the car and climb in. The quality is excellent. So far I’m grooving on it.
Last edited by Fr. Paddy McGuinness on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Faith and Begorrah!

NicRuf
Ensign

#4 Post by NicRuf »

Yeah long time lurker first time posting. I’ve been watching it on STARZ as well but yeah, not the best option.

Was just browsing iTunes and saw Magnum’s smiling face. Don’t know when they posted it but must have been within the last few days.

Happy viewing everyone!

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#5 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

6 days ago
Faith and Begorrah!

NicRuf
Ensign

#6 Post by NicRuf »

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by K Hale »

I bought it a couple of days ago and it won't play, on any of my devices. And Apple tells me it's not eligible for a refund. $35 down the tubes.

EDIT: Well, I tried again and they play on my phone, but not my computer.
Last edited by K Hale on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#8 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

I have one of the large iPad Pro’s. It looks and sounds great on that too. The iPad displays it in the 4:3 ratio.
Faith and Begorrah!

Cagliostro
Lieutenant Commander

#9 Post by Cagliostro »

It’s also available to buy on Microsoft Movies & TV, I was browsing the deals section on my Xbox One and saw the complete series for sale priced at $69.99 for the HD version, so that’s the entire series available on both Apple and Microsoft’s ecosystems! It’ll be nice to actually own it in HD, that said if it gets a Blu-Ray release in the States I’m still totally going to double dip (technically triple dip, since I have the series on DVD too) and buy them.

surferboy
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#10 Post by surferboy »

unfortunately not available on iTunes Germany

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by Nikita70 »

I’m in for a purchase if I can get the OAR, I don’t want a cropped widescreen. So one poster said his is cropped, another said his is full screen. And no aspect ratio information on iTunes. Can anyone provide additional details?

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#12 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

The first episode I watched was Computer Date from season 2 (I think). It was cropped to 16:9. I’m watching the pilot episode right now and it’s in the traditional 4:3 aspect.
Faith and Begorrah!

jeffran
Captain

#13 Post by jeffran »

K Hale wrote:I bought it a couple of days ago and it won't play, on any of my devices. And Apple tells me it's not eligible for a refund. $35 down the tubes.

That's odd. It should play on your computer provided you have iTunes.

jeffran
Captain

#14 Post by jeffran »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:The first episode I watched was Computer Date from season 2 (I think). It was cropped to 16:9. I’m watching the pilot episode right now and it’s in the traditional 4:3 aspect.
I haven't purchased any episodes yet, but it looks like 4:3 to me as well, the previews anyway. And, the quality does look really good, although I haven't done a DVD/iTunes episode comparison.

Oh, and I chuckled when the new Magnum PI appeared as well when I searched for "Magnum" on my AppleTV. No episodes available yet, but you can purchase a season pass for $19.99. I think I'll pass on the season pass.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by T.Q. »

K Hale wrote:I bought it a couple of days ago and it won't play, on any of my devices. And Apple tells me it's not eligible for a refund. $35 down the tubes.

What type of files? MP4?

Try ‘Any File Converter’ and just change them to different format.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.