Magnum on ITUNES!!!!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

Re: Magnum on ITUNES!!!!!

#61 Post by Kevster »

I can watch it via Amazon Prime. Is THAT HD? It doesn't say anywhere.
Trust Me!!!

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#62 Post by Kevster »

NVM. I just confirmed it.

Well, I guess my Roku or Google Chromecast will be getting used REALLY SOON.

Trust Me!!!

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#63 Post by Nikita70 »

I just started watching it on Prime this week. For some odd reason they don’t have season 6 available.
Doesn’t matter now as tonight it’s going to be played on my new Apple TV I got today.

Cagliostro
Lieutenant Commander

#64 Post by Cagliostro »

Nikita70 wrote:Back on sale today, $29.99

I finally got it in HD!

Yep, I was just coming here to spread the news myself. I saw that price and couldn’t help double dipping and buying it on iTunes also.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by eagle »

I finally got it in HD!
I missed that; it's $35 right now, and I might go for that. I have the DVDs, so I don't absolutely need the iTunes version, but........

Cagliostro
Lieutenant Commander

#66 Post by Cagliostro »

eagle wrote:

I finally got it in HD!
I missed that; it's $35 right now, and I might go for that. I have the DVDs, so I don't absolutely need the iTunes version, but........

It really is worth the upgrade to see it in HD, Hawaii looks beautiful in 1080p. You might want to keep you DVDs too because unfortunately all the two hour episodes are split and are the syndicated versions.

Hopefully since Magnum was shot on actual film we at some point get a 4K remaster!

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#67 Post by eagle »

Cagliostro wrote:It really is worth the upgrade to see it in HD, Hawaii looks beautiful in 1080p. You might want to keep you DVDs too because unfortunately all the two hour episodes are split and are the syndicated versions.

Hopefully since Magnum was shot on actual film we at some point get a 4K remaster!
Cool, thanks for the review. I've been wondering about the quality. I'll definitely get it sometime.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I finally got it in HD!

I bought it while it was $30, but can't watch it on anything except my laptop. The laptop does have an HDMI port so I can plug that into my TV, but that's kind of a pain. ITunes still sucks.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#69 Post by K Hale »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:

I finally got it in HD!

I bought it while it was $30, but can't watch it on anything except my laptop. The laptop does have an HDMI port so I can plug that into my TV, but that's kind of a pain. ITunes still sucks.
What about putting them on a flash drive and plugging that into your TV? Does it have a USB port?
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#70 Post by Kevster »

I finally got it in HD!

Chromecast?
Trust Me!!!

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#71 Post by eagle »

You can watch those videos on your TV if you have an Apple TV set-top device. In Apple's ecosystem, all of their videos can be played on your TV with one of those. You can stream directly from Apple, or if you enable Home Sharing in iTunes, then your Apple TV can stream media (e.g., movies/TV shows/music/photos) directly from your computer.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#72 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

eagle wrote:You can watch those videos on your TV if you have an Apple TV set-top device. In Apple's ecosystem, all of their videos can be played on your TV with one of those. You can stream directly from Apple, or if you enable Home Sharing in iTunes, then your Apple TV can stream media (e.g., movies/TV shows/music/photos) directly from your computer.
I know, but I don't want an AppleTV streamer. I've already got 2 Rokus and Apple's streamers are ridiculously overpriced.
Chromecast?
I doubt that will work. ITunes doesn't work with anything Android based.
What about putting them on a flash drive and plugging that into your TV? Does it have a USB port?
I doubt that too. I burned one episode to disc, but neither of my Bluray players or computers would play it.

I don't feel like I wasted the 30 bucks because I can watch it by plugging my laptop in to a TV via HDMI cable, but I wish I could have the show on some type of physical media that is compatible with stuff I already have. I don't trust ITunes to continue "to allow me to own it" especially since I'm not a regular customer.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by eagle »

eagle wrote:You can watch those videos on your TV if you have an Apple TV set-top device. In Apple's ecosystem, all of their videos can be played on your TV with one of those. You can stream directly from Apple, or if you enable Home Sharing in iTunes, then your Apple TV can stream media (e.g., movies/TV shows/music/photos) directly from your computer.
I know, but I don't want an AppleTV streamer. I've already got 2 Rokus and Apple's streamers are ridiculously overpriced.
I like Roku, but I'm an Apple fan; even so, you won't get any argument from me there. When I recently set up my mancave, I didn't need anything expensive. Instead, I found a TV stand for free on Facebook. I also found a 42" TV and an Apple TV 3 (including HDMI cable) for $30 each on Craigslist. That might be an option.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by K Hale »

Chromecast?
I doubt that will work. ITunes doesn't work with anything Android based.
I doubt that too. I burned one episode to disc, but neither of my Bluray players or computers would play it.

I don't feel like I wasted the 30 bucks because I can watch it by plugging my laptop in to a TV via HDMI cable, but I wish I could have the show on some type of physical media that is compatible with stuff I already have. I don't trust ITunes to continue "to allow me to own it" especially since I'm not a regular customer.
I’m not talking about burning anything to a disc. I put all my episodes on a flash drive. I just plug the flash drive into my computer, or any computer, and can play them. Does your TV have a USB port?
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#75 Post by eagle »

K Hale wrote:I’m not talking about burning anything to a disc. I put all my episodes on a flash drive. I just plug the flash drive into my computer, or any computer, and can play them. Does your TV have a USB port?
Sorry, but that won't work. iTunes videos are DRM-protected and they can only be played on approved devices, which means iOS devices (iPhone, iPad), iTunes, and Apple TV.