Magnum on ITUNES!!!!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Re: Magnum on ITUNES!!!!!

#16 Post by K Hale »

jeffran wrote:
K Hale wrote:I bought it a couple of days ago and it won't play, on any of my devices. And Apple tells me it's not eligible for a refund. $35 down the tubes.

EDIT: Well, I tried again and they play on my phone, but not my computer.
That's odd. It should play on your computer provided you have iTunes.
I open up iTunes, pick an episode and hit play and all I get is a black square with the episode title at the top and controls (play, pause etc) at the bottom. Nothing ever plays.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by K Hale »

T.Q. wrote:
K Hale wrote:I bought it a couple of days ago and it won't play, on any of my devices. And Apple tells me it's not eligible for a refund. $35 down the tubes.

What type of files? MP4?

Try ‘Any File Converter’ and just change them to different format.
I'm trying to play them in iTunes itself. Not download them.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

jeffran
Captain

#18 Post by jeffran »

K Hale wrote:
jeffran wrote:

That's odd. It should play on your computer provided you have iTunes.
I open up iTunes, pick an episode and hit play and all I get is a black square with the episode title at the top and controls (play, pause etc) at the bottom. Nothing ever plays.
That is weird. I'd check and see if other TV shows play properly. Or, try viewing a preview of another show.

willhclark
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#19 Post by willhclark »

the release of new Magnum series is undoubtedly behind the sudden availability of old series on iTunes elsewhere.

We used to watch Magnum on netflix until they pulled it a couple years ago. Then in past month both iTunes and my cable provider (Spectrum) suddenly put up the entire 8 season series. I bought it on iTunes for $35. A real bargain

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Kevster »

All,

I've used iTunes sporadically for years, but I really want no part of it anymore. Anybody heard whether this will come out on other platforms or via real media in the foreseeable future?

I'm not against buying the digital series for $35, which I think is a great deal, but I don't want to give Apple access to my credit card, debit card, or anything else. I never "default" (auto) payments except for utilities, and I always pay those early anyway...

Anybody?

Thanks!!!
Trust Me!!!

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

I hate iTunes and refuse to buy anything from them. The show is available in HD on Amazon, but i can't figure out how to buy it. It always wants you pay for the STARZ subscription (I did the free trial and it looks fantastic in HD) and it only shows the option to buy the individual episodes instead of the entire season.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... agnum+P.I.

https://www.amazon.com/Ep-Dont-Eat-Snow ... agnum+P.I.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by T.Q. »

willhclark wrote:I bought it on iTunes for $35. A real bargain
Went to check it out today...

They doubled it now to $69.99.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#23 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

Nikita70 wrote:I’m in for a purchase if I can get the OAR, I don’t want a cropped widescreen. So one poster said his is cropped, another said his is full screen. And no aspect ratio information on iTunes. Can anyone provide additional details?

This was my bad. Apparently if I double click the pad on the AppleTV remote it zooms in and converts 4:3 to 16:9. So....the shows are in 4:3 like they were originally broadcast.
Faith and Begorrah!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by steveadl »

Finally! Have been waiting years for this and just in time since I'm about to move countries!

Haven't started watching again yet, but its nice to know they'll be with me wherever I am :D

Cagliostro
Lieutenant Commander

#25 Post by Cagliostro »

Dropped the scratch over the weekend to buy the complete series on Microsoft Movies & TV and it looks fantastic, it’s nice to not have to deal with those stupid flipper discs anymore! Totally worth the seventy bucks. Now if only Rockford would get a digital release too…

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by steveadl »

I'll second that, bring on Rockford!

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by T.Q. »

Does anyone know if I buy this are the files downloadable?

So they can be put on a widget and watched on my Samsung TV.

Apple and Samsung don’t play well together.

Trying to decide if it’s worth it.

Is the video quality that much better? Is it still old TV set sized?

Thx
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Cagliostro
Lieutenant Commander

#28 Post by Cagliostro »

T.Q. wrote:Does anyone know if I buy this are the files downloadable?

So they can be put on a widget and watched on my Samsung TV.

Apple and Samsung don’t play well together.

Trying to decide if it’s worth it.

Is the video quality that much better? Is it still old TV set sized?

Thx

If you’re buying the series on iTunes they can definitely be downloaded, but I don’t know if they can be played by something that’s not an Apple product. I know the Microsoft Movies & TV version can also be downloaded, but again I have no clue if it’d play nice with being put onto a wigget.

As the the picture quality it’s (as Higgin’s might say) extraordinary. Seriously I’ve never seen the show look as good as it does in 1080p! It made my old DVD set look like I’d recorded the series off of a syndicated broadcast onto a VHS tape. Yes, it’s in the proper 4:3 aspect ratio that it should be in.

DavidGideon
Ensign

#29 Post by DavidGideon »

Magnum the complete series in HD is on sale again at iTunes. This time for $29.95.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by T.Q. »

DavidGideon wrote:Magnum the complete series in HD is on sale again at iTunes. This time for $29.95.
Thanks.

On sale again I grabbed it.

My old DVDs (15 years old?) are scratched to heck so around 5 years ago I torrented the series.

Quality is poor for supposed ripped DVDs.

$29.99 too good to pass up.

Taking forever to download (I notice only 780p can be downloaded).

Hope they work on my Samsung TV or someone’s gonna pay! :lol:

Also, iTunes has Magnum, P.I. listed as ‘comedy’ under genre. Weird.