Retro Puma's for sale!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Retro Puma's for sale!

#1 Post by MagnumILWU »

http://www.sneakerspuma99.com/D-retro-puma-sneakers.html

I have removed the hyperlink - ConchRepublican
"pickled egg please"

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: Retro Puma's for sale!

#2 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Loved those! I had a couple pair... I see they "updated" the soles though :roll: Thanks for posting MagnumILWU!

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

100% scam site.
Just read the butchered texts in the FAQ.

Kwai Bridge
Captain

#4 Post by Kwai Bridge »

Bondtoys.de wrote:100% scam site.
Just read the butchered texts in the FAQ.
Indeed, also the unprofessional design and font choices make it painfully obvious that it's a low effort scam. Don't buy anything off of this site, people.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

My guess is that MagnumILWU was just taking a walk down memory lane, but good of you gentlemen to post a heads up to folks Image

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by MagnumILWU »

My guess is that no one here has ever ordered from this place! I also guess that, because someone calls it a scam site, doesn't make it so! But I am checking into it, so If I find out one way or another, I will post the info!
"pickled egg please"

Kwai Bridge
Captain

#7 Post by Kwai Bridge »

MagnumILWU wrote:My guess is that no one here has ever ordered from this place! I also guess that, because someone calls it a scam site, doesn't make it so! But I am checking into it, so If I find out one way or another, I will post the info!
The only thing you'll be able to post is your stolen credit card info, trust me. Let's break the site down point by point:
  • Website URL makes it painfully obvious. A legit puma site wouldn't have been called that, and the only legit site is https://us.puma.com/en/us/mens/shoes;
  • The site doesn't use a secure protocol. This is from a legit site:

and this is from scam site:

This a dead giveaway. DO NOT ENTER YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO ON THIS SITE. LEGIT RETAILERS ALWAYS USE SECURE PROTOCOLS. I could just stop here, but the list goes on;
  • Lets compare an official site with this alleged Puma retailer. Legit site:

and this is from scam site:

As you can see, legit site has consistent design, consistent font and transparent background behind shoes, while the scam site has random inconsistent photos of various quality collected from the internet (some have the background, some don't), not to mention that red font, no capital letters and broken english on FAQ and other pages. It's basically a low effort website made in attempt to get your money. Also look at that price difference;
  • And the last one, there's no official "Puma dress" that looks like this, and much less costs only $26:

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but you need to educate yourself about fake websites. I do web-related stuff for a living after all. I'm just trying to prevent you getting your credit card info stolen, or getting an empty box (or in best case scenario, but highly unlikely, cheap Chinese knockoffs).

Here's a link to educate yourself about scam sites to make you more careful in the future (I've made it extra large just in case). I hope you find it useful:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... am-website

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

MagnumILWU wrote:My guess is that no one here has ever ordered from this place! I also guess that, because someone calls it a scam site, doesn't make it so! But I am checking into it, so If I find out one way or another, I will post the info!
Well, I‘ve not called it a scam without research .....
And you (before you have posted your recommendation here)?

Maybe the research for the owner of the url sneakerpuma99.com convices you more?

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by MagnumILWU »

It amazing what you can get people to do for you, when they want to try and prove how wrong you are!
"pickled egg please"

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

MagnumILWU wrote:It amazing what you can get people to do for you, when they want to try and prove how wrong you are!
It's very simple - you have been wrong indeed, even as it is obviously difficult for you to admit it.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Sam »

MagnumILWU wrote:It amazing what you can get people to do for you, when they want to try and prove how wrong you are!
Hi Magnumilw..
I don't see it that way seems they were trying to help.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#12 Post by ConchRepublican »

MagnumILWU, it looks very much to me that people were looking out for those who would have followed the link you posted and perhaps been taken advantage of.

I appreciate their looking out for their fellow Maniacs and have removed the link.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by MagnumILWU »

I never said I was right, and I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong! But I stand by my statement! I could not have found, or brought up the information the others provided! But just hint you may be right, and someone may be wrong, and others will usually find the infomation you need, whether it's to inform, or to prove someone wrong or right!
"pickled egg please"

Kwai Bridge
Captain

#14 Post by Kwai Bridge »

I'm not trying to prove you wrong, you dunce. I'm trying to prevent your credit card info from being stolen. The insinuation that I wrote that in order to attack your pride is simply ridiculous. Do you really think that I don't have better things to do?

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything and let you see what happens for yourself. However, I'm of the opinion that being in posession of your money is much better than trying to prove you're right by losing it (even though it wasn't anyone's intention to point out that you were wrong).

Despite all that, I'm glad that your money is safe.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by MagnumILWU »

Kwai Bridge wrote:
I'm not trying to prove you wrong, you dunce. I'm trying to prevent your credit card info from being stolen. The insinuation that I wrote that in order to attack your pride is simply ridiculous. Do you really think that I don't have better things to do?

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything and let you see what happens for yourself. However, I'm of the opinion that being in posession of your money is much better than trying to prove you're right by losing it (even though it wasn't anyone's intention to point out that you were wrong).

Despite all that, I'm glad that your money is safe.
And you guys posted the correct information on the site, just like I said! I wasn't going to order anything until I was absolutly sure about the site! I sent them an email asking questions about thier site and security, and haven't heard anything back!(and I don't believe I will) I would have at least posted that, if all the other info hadn't been posted! Sometimes when a person first sees something, they get excited about it,and it seems great! But hopefully, they can step back, take a good second look, or get someone else to take a good second look, before they or someone else does the wrong thing because of it! So, for getting you guys so excited, so you podted that information, your welcome!
"pickled egg please"