Season 7

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV
Captain

Season 7

#1 Post by ThomasSullivanMagnumIV »

Does anyone have an idea of the release date for Season 7?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

I've been checking around for it, to no avail.

I'm getting a little nervous as it seems like a longer wait than it has been for the previous releases. Season 7 has a BUNCH of great episodes, so I'm pretty impatient.

I'm curious to see what the bonus feature will be. I'll assume they put the Murder She Wrote crossover in there, or at least I hope they would (for completions sake). I'd rather have that than a bonus episode from season 8, as they've been doing lately.

Actually I think it would be cool if they also included the ORIGINAL ending to Limbo too, but I doubt that'll happen.

Maybe since Season 8 is so abbreviated, they'll combine both into one release?

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

Re: Season 7

#3 Post by IslandHopper »

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV wrote:Does anyone have an idea of the release date for Season 7?
I don't know what the release date is for season 7, but when I bought the season 6 DVD set, a coupon was included for $3.00 off the season 7 DVD set. The coupon expires on 1/1/08, so I always assumed season 7 would be released in August or September '07. I had those same coupons for the other episode sets (2 thru 5) as well, and that is about the same amount of time between the release of the prior seasons and the expiration of the next seasons coupon. Does that make any sense. :?
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

308GTS
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 7

#4 Post by 308GTS »

IslandHopper wrote:
ThomasSullivanMagnumIV wrote:Does anyone have an idea of the release date for Season 7?
I don't know what the release date is for season 7, but when I bought the season 6 DVD set, a coupon was included for $3.00 off the season 7 DVD set. The coupon expires on 1/1/08, so I always assumed season 7 would be released in August or September '07. I had those same coupons for the other episode sets (2 thru 5) as well, and that is about the same amount of time between the release of the prior seasons and the expiration of the next seasons coupon. Does that make any sense. :?
That does sound promising and I hope that they include the "Murder She Wrote" crossover episode at some point. I was getting a little worried too about S7.
Arun
------

"The only thing that's going to touch you is a 10ft pole"

ThomasSullivanMagnumIV
Captain

#5 Post by ThomasSullivanMagnumIV »

If Season 7 is released between August and October for exanple, will we get Season 8 by February of 2008?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#6 Post by Doc Ibold »

I went on the TV Shows on DVD website, and theres nothing up there for Magnum.

It ended around September, so I'm HOPING maybe we get it sometime in Oct. A lot of the DVDs seemed to have come out in the fall.

Hopefully Universal didn't stop producing them!

:?

Tralfaz
Admiral

#7 Post by Tralfaz »

S.5 was an October release so that's a likely time.
"..outasight!.." - Tyler Peabody McKinney

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#8 Post by Shermy »

The release schedule has been very erratic, and not every season has arrived as quickly as Season 6. It took about 7 months for Season 2, and nearly a year for Season 3.

Even so, I do think we should be hearing an announcement in the next month or two.

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#9 Post by Vanity »

I would not be surprised if the held it back until we place it under the christmas tree.
I know what you're thinking...

przy
Ensign

#10 Post by przy »

Doc Ibold wrote:I went on the TV Shows on DVD website, and theres nothing up there for Magnum.

It ended around September, so I'm HOPING maybe we get it sometime in Oct. A lot of the DVDs seemed to have come out in the fall.

Hopefully Universal didn't stop producing them!

:?
I can't believe, after releasing the first six seasons, that they would stop now and not release the final 2. Keep the faith, it will come. :wink:

eeyore
Admiral

Alternate ending for Limbo?

#11 Post by eeyore »

There was an alternate ending actually filmed? Cool! I hope we get to see it some day!
There are so many devoted passionate fans like me and US, I find it so disappointing that those who have the ability to make "new" things available do not share our passion enough to make it happen!! :( How many other shows 20 years after the fact have such a devoted fan base hungry for every little tidbit passed our way? :)