Props from the show

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

nha trang
Vice Admiral

Props from the show

#1 Post by nha trang »

I was wondering with the recent destruction of the Magnum PI mecca, Pahonu, what the latest understanding of the location/availability of props from the show is?

I know this has been discussed here in the past and I am aware of the set designer's blog and such. Am I to understand that all or most of the props from the set of MPI, e.g. Thomas' guest house furniture has been sitting in a Hawaii film department warehouse all these years? I just wanted to check because now that Pahonu is gone, I sure would love to get a hold of a screen used prop instead of a crumbled brick of Pahonu.

I'm sure you all understand and I can't wait for a resident Mag Mania expert to chime in on the status of the prop situation,

You are all the best,

Kind Regards,

nha trang

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: Props from the show

#2 Post by Sam »

nha trang wrote:I was wondering with the recent destruction of the Magnum PI mecca, Pahonu, what the latest understanding of the location/availability of props from the show is?

I know this has been discussed here in the past and I am aware of the set designer's blog and such. Am I to understand that all or most of the props from the set of MPI, e.g. Thomas' guest house furniture has been sitting in a Hawaii film department warehouse all these years? I just wanted to check because now that Pahonu is gone, I sure would love to get a hold of a screen used prop instead of a crumbled brick of Pahonu.

I'm sure you all understand and I can't wait for a resident Mag Mania expert to chime in on the status of the prop situation,

You are all the best,

Kind Regards,

nha trang
Hi nha trang...
According to Rick a few things may have walked away but when they built the new prop storage area the Hawaii Five-O sets in Magnum PI sets were hauled to the dump..

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: Props from the show

#3 Post by Steve »

A few years ago when Golf and her husband visited Oahu, Rick Romer took them on a tour of the Diamond Head Studios. There were few props still being stored at that time with the most visible being the surf ski hanging up in the rafters....