Tom Selleck on the cover of ReMIND Magazine

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ReMINDMagRuth
Ensign

Tom Selleck on the cover of ReMIND Magazine

#1 Post by ReMINDMagRuth »

Hi everyone!

Full disclosure: my name is Ruth and I work for ReMIND Magazine. You might have guessed that from my username. I'm not that original.

I wanted to let you know that our April 2018 issue features Magnum PI on the cover. We're a small magazine trying to build readership & since this site is all things Magnum PI, I thought you guys might really enjoy it. To check it out, you can go here:

https://shop.remindmagazine.com/product ... -magazine/

We'd love it if you'd check us out. I'm happy to tell you anything more about us, but I totally respect the community you've built up & won't post again about it unless you ask. Thanks for letting me post.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: Tom Selleck on the cover of ReMIND Magazine

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Well let's see, You've got Magnum, Elvis, the General Lee, Grease, Retro TV listings and puzzles on your cover... Sign me up! Great to see printed media still alive and well in these cyberspace days! I don't know what I would do without my daily paper! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Hi Ruth, I've never heard of your magazine but I'm going to get the Magnum issue to check it out. Thanks!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

Gorgeous graphics on the cover, Ruth, definitely catches the eye. I will be checking it out............

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by ENSHealy »

Just curious, what's it cost to get the rights to use that photo of Selleck and the Ferrari?

Looking for background info for when I publish my book on Magnum P.I. I'm hoping to make it a two volume set, with the other volume being Higgin's memoirs. :geek:
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

ReMINDMagRuth
Ensign

#6 Post by ReMINDMagRuth »

Thank you guys so much for the positive feedback!

ReMINDMagRuth
Ensign

#7 Post by ReMINDMagRuth »

ENSHealy - I can ask our graphic designer for details & PM you if I get any. I know photo rights are all over the map, so I'd hate to venture a guess when it could be anything.

And hey fellow Wisconsinite! We're just north of Milwaukee! :D

ReMINDMagRuth
Ensign

#8 Post by ReMINDMagRuth »

J.J. - print isn't dead! There's still a large portion of the population who loves print. For a nostalgia/puzzle magazine it's a perfect fit. Thanks for letting me post & glad you like what you see!

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ReMINDMagRuth wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:54 pm J.J. - print isn't dead! There's still a large portion of the population who loves print. For a nostalgia/puzzle magazine it's a perfect fit. Thanks for letting me post & glad you like what you see!
I was given a subscription last year to Remind magazine and it is a lot of fun. There is a page where it take submissions from readers regarding celebs one has met which are entertaining to read.
So if anyone here has met any of the Magnum cast you could send it in, photos encouraged.
They also send e-mails periodically with 6 or 7 stories. This is not for scholars delving deep into the weeds of TV/Movie production, rather it is fun reading, when people visit they invariably pick
it up and get a kick out of reading it. The October 2023 issue is devoted to the witches of cinema and TV, including 1942's "I Married a Witch" comedy starring the ultra sexy Veronica Lake and
Frederick March. That flick is where they swiped the idea for Bewitched.
remindmagazine.com/rmrm