www.magnum-pi.de closed

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

frog480
Lieutenant Commander

www.magnum-pi.de closed

#1 Post by frog480 »

A few years back, I could only find two Magnum sites on the web, this one had the most content,

http://www.magnum-pi.de/

The web master has shut down the site, and left the following statement, If you read this site, Marco good luck for the future, I hope you hear from Universal soon.

Dear Magnumfan,

a new copyright law is in place in germany at the moment and some clever lawyers use it to make a lot of money by sueing (especially) fan-site creators and hosters. This site might not be left out by them and as much I am officially linked by Universal Studios, USA and also Universal Germany, I am currently not protected against any lawsuit that might be opened against me. This site has always been non-commercial and has never offered any illegal content.

I am currently trying to get an official statement from Universal that this site is officially allowed to use the press pictures and related articles. As long as I do not have this, I have to close the site as much as it hurts me. I have always loved the series and the contact to all the loyal fans out there who shared this. It is not Universal's blame - it is crucial people who make mony by sueing fans because there is a hole in the copyright law. As above - i hope to get an official statement from Universal, soon.
Aloha,
Marco

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#2 Post by Vanity »

That's really sad 'cause Marco has always been very devoted on keeping all MPI fans. His site was/is one of the longest lasting ones so far.

There used to be another German site a few years ago that also vanished. It used to be www.robinmasters.de or .com

Anyway, I really hope MArco gets all the papers he needs to re-open his site as soon as possible.
I know what you're thinking...

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by grapeshot »

Huh....you don't suppose he could have the site hosted on some other country's server? Or does Germany's law not allow such a loophole?

Vanity
Rear Admiral

#4 Post by Vanity »

Hard to say Grapeshot, as the Eurpoean laws regarding everything that concerns the net are a bit of a blur, but I guess you have a point.
Hope Marco will think of this and give his site a second life.
I know what you're thinking...

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Major bummer. :(

Marco's site has been around a long time. I hope he can get things straightened out. I wonder what the "new copyright law" [in Germany] is?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Waltstasz
Admiral

#6 Post by Waltstasz »

That stinks! :x

I always enjoyed Marco's site.
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

Magnum92
Captain

#7 Post by Magnum92 »

That is a real bugger.
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

Jean-Claude Fornier
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by Jean-Claude Fornier »

Hi, guys,

Thanks to the Internet Wayback machine, their work will always be on-line and will remember in memory :

http://web.archive.org/web/200404040435 ... index.html

http://web.archive.org/web/200702020331 ... num-pi.de/

8)