Photos from my visit to Pahonu

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Photos from my visit to Pahonu

#31 Post by Pahonu »

Thanks TSMIV!

No need to apologize for repetition. Any photos are helpful. Sometimes I find myself going back over older photos and noticing things I'd missed earlier. Have you had a chance to see my SketchUp model? It's fun to poke around the model, including inside. I must admit though, there are now many known mistakes in it that need to be fixed since all the new information surfacing because of the sale. :)

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Photos from my visit to Pahonu

#32 Post by Pahonu »

Hey RG and Kenji,

I just thought of some new questions. RG, you were the first to show me with photos a while back, that the gate house has only one garage bay, not two as I had originally included in my model. Then, in reading back through the two articles you posted about the construction plans, they mention the servant's quarters (gate house) having a two-car garage, as well as a tool room and laundry. Do you think this is another example of later alterations? The photos of the gate house posted before the sale seemed to show some interior alterations of the space. Might this have included enclosing one of the garage bays for more interior space? I seem to recall it mentioned at some time in this forum that Eve Anderson had moved into the gate house as the main house fell into disrepair? Thoughts?

Also, do you guys think the laundry mentioned in the servant's quarters was for the servants only, with the main laundry for the house being in the service wing somewhere, along with the kitchen, pantries, garages, etc... Two thought lead me to believe this is true. One the gate house is a looong way to haul laundry from the house, and two, there are clearly clothes drying lines shown in the Mad Buck Gibson episode that are located at the end of the service wing. More thoughts? :)