Amy Yasbeck

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

SignGuyHPW
Admiral

Amy Yasbeck

#1 Post by SignGuyHPW »

Amy Yasbeck debuted as a minor recurring character in the last season. When she's first seen they make it seem as if she and Magnum had a long history. It was never really explained what the history or back story was. She seemed to me like a female version of Mac in that Magnum could go to her for information. If she hesitated he would flirt a bit and see if that would net the information he needed. I just found it odd that they introduced her so late in the series and placed the character in there without much back story.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: Amy Yasbeck

#2 Post by KingKC »

SignGuyHPW wrote:Amy Yasbeck debuted as a minor recurring character in the last season. When she's first seen they make it seem as if she and Magnum had a long history. It was never really explained what the history or back story was. She seemed to me like a female version of Mac in that Magnum could go to her for information. If she hesitated he would flirt a bit and see if that would net the information he needed. I just found it odd that they introduced her so late in the series and placed the character in there without much back story.
I have to fully agree. She was slipped in so late and so unassumingly I had to ask where she came in when I saw her name on the recurring character list and listed as a girlfriend. I think she was just "filler" in a couple of scripts. But were we supposed to somehow imply that TM had a future with someone like Amy Yasbeck/Diana??? Very strange indeed.