magnum's Polo shirt

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

jbb0711
Ensign

magnum's Polo shirt

#1 Post by jbb0711 »

What brand of Polo shirt was the green, blue, and red Polo with white collar did Magnum wear in the early seasons before he mainly wore Hawaiian shirts?

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Re: magnum's Polo shirt

#2 Post by MagnumILWU »

The solid blue polo, with the yellow horse is a Ralph Lauren Polo. I believe the material is called interlock.
"pickled egg please"

TSM308
Captain

#3 Post by TSM308 »

The ones with the white collars don't have a visible logo I've been able to pick out. In the first episode he has an Izod shirt, but with the croc logo that's easy to identify.
"Don't look at the dogs, work the lock."

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MagnumILWU »

There were a lot of those Rugby style shirts around in the 80's! Solid body, white collar. I remember many smaller clothing company's in the malls selling them.
"pickled egg please"

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by 308GUY »

Ran across these, though I'm sure they are NOT what was used in the show. They are however, similar in appearance, and cheap! :lol:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FUS0GCI/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Also found some Ralph Lauren of the same style, but they were a little more "exuberant" price wise, but I'd guess they were closer to what TM used in the show....he always had good taste...expensive.....but good! :magnum: (the shirts, the shades, the watch, the car.... 8) )
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"