You know you're a MPI fan when...

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Danno
Fleet Admiral

You know you're a MPI fan when...

#1 Post by Danno »

Hi guys, I haven't been around on the forum lately, it's nice to drop by.

My wife and I were out to dinner the other night and they started playing Misty.
We both looked at each other and started laughing. No one else but an MPI fan would have got this.
Certainly no one in the restaurant had any idea what we were laughing at!

Hope you're all well!
Dan
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: You know you're a MPI fan when...

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

That's a good one!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MikeS
Admiral

#3 Post by MikeS »

I must be one of the less informed fans, when I think of Misty the first thing to come to mind is Clint Eastwood :?
MikeS

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KingKC »

MikeS wrote:I must be one of the less informed fans, when I think of Misty the first thing to come to mind is Clint Eastwood :?
In the Episode 5.20 - Man From Marseilles TM sang the song Misty at a Karaoke bar. It was funny!

KingKC

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

MikeS wrote:I must be one of the less informed fans, when I think of Misty the first thing to come to mind is Clint Eastwood :?

Don't feel bad Mike, I would think of both............And,how about the six degrees of Magnum, pi connection with Jessica Walter in the famous movie and appearing on the (Uuugh) Murder She Wrote/Magnum,pi crossover episode.......

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#7 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:

Don't feel bad Mike, I would think of both............And,how about the six degrees of Magnum, pi connection with Jessica Walter in the famous movie and appearing on the (Uuugh) Murder She Wrote/Magnum,pi crossover episode.......
Yeah, my first thought would be Clint Eastwood . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

You know you're an MPI fan when you make your boyfriend/hubby grow a mustache!
I'm a Boxley Girl....

MikeS
Admiral

#9 Post by MikeS »

KingKC wrote:
In the Episode 5.20 - Man From Marseilles TM sang the song Misty at a Karaoke bar. It was funny!

KingKC
Thanks KKC for helping me shake the cobwebs off, I remember the episode now.
Steve wrote:
All I know is I was pretty young the first time I saw Play Misty For Me - Jessica made me fear women... Glenn Close took it to a whole new level in Fatal Attraction... Lorena Bobbitt made me wish I was a woman :)
ConchRepublican wrote:
Steve wrote:
Yeah, my first thought would be Clint Eastwood . . .
It was mine :) and PMFM is the reason why I never sleep overnight alone with any female, I leave before dark :oops:
MikeS

Tesza
Lieutenant Commander

#10 Post by Tesza »

You know you're an MPI fan when ...

... you start forming your thoughts into inner monologues and wonder why you never actually hear them.
... you tell about past events as if they were "war stories" (like "... this reminds me of my short stay in Romania in 2014, it was an extraordinarily hot, yet fortunately hardly humid summer, our comrades were just trying to order a cold beer ...) :)
... you wonder if you have illegitimate half-brothers all over the globe and when they are finally gonna show up.
... you cannot figure out someone's phone number or address and wish you knew someone from the local intelligence agency you can ask for research for a few doughnuts.
... you meet an ornithologist and wonder if he might secretly be a refugee from Hungary.
... you decide to call the Hungarian embassy to find out :)
... you finally decide not to, the KGB could run behind him :)
... you get yourself two dogs and name them Zeus and Apollo
... you perfectly know all roads and buildings of O'ahu - although you have never been there - but fail finding a certain supermarket in your hometown :)
... you answer any inconvenient question with "No need to know."
... you thank others saying "mahalo"
... you, more then 40 years after the end of the Vietnam war, still refer to HCMC as "Saigon" (and glance at others like a damaged car if they use the current name).
... you toast "to the regimen" when drinking with others
... your favorite beer is Düsseldorfer Alt (unless you really live in or near Düsseldorf)
... you never drink scotch on ice because you think civilized people don't put ice into it.
... you intervene if other people use shortcuts or colloquial terms of "private investigator"