The Good, The Bad, The Badass - Tom Selleck

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

The Good, The Bad, The Badass - Tom Selleck

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

Another nice write up showing some love for Mr. Tom Selleck.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-goo ... eck-159-02
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Good, The Bad, The Badass - Tom Selleck

#2 Post by terryfromkerry »

Thanks for posting Conch. :magnum: :)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KingKC »

Great article! Thanks for posting Conch.

I have to admit that I never cared much for TS's movies I always kept thinking of Magnum. I think Jesse Stone is his best "older" performance. I have not gotten into Blue Bloods either. It is a serial type show and I didn't get in on the first season. Maybe I will pick up on it with a "marathon weekend" type showing on a cable channel.

King KC

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

KingKC wrote:Great article! Thanks for posting Conch.

I have to admit that I never cared much for TS's movies I always kept thinking of Magnum. I think Jesse Stone is his best "older" performance. I have not gotten into Blue Bloods either. It is a serial type show and I didn't get in on the first season. Maybe I will pick up on it with a "marathon weekend" type showing on a cable channel.

King KC
I understand King KC . . . I had a hard time earlier on because I enjoyed the Magnum character so much when he wasn't that it didn't seem right. And when he was similar, well, he wasn't Magnum. Which I guess is what every actor fears.

Even Blue Bloods, in the beginning, I felt like I was watching Magnum trying to be something, someone, else. But then something happened, a switch flicked and all of the sudden he wasn't Thomas Magnum in a mask, he WAS Frank Reagan. And has been ever since. And next year he will have as many seasons playing Frank as he did playing Thomas. Quite an accomplishment.

That said, I did enjoy, really enjoy, An Innocent Man, Runaway, Mr. Baseball, Quigley Down Under, Three Men and a Baby . . . not to mention The Sacketts, The Shadow Riders and Last Stand at Saber River.

A lot of his other earlier work I avoided because after seeing High Road to China in the theaters and being disappointed I didn't want to take that disappointment back to Magnum. But, like I mentioned earlier that was probably a fault of my expectations more than anything else. I need to go back to High Road to China, Lassiter and a few others and give them the viewing they deserve.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Magnum's moustache
Lieutenant Commander

#5 Post by Magnum's moustache »

Thanks for posting, it's a good article indeed.

I recently watched (and enjoyed) Folks. Not the best nor the worst movie Tom Selleck played in, but still made me laugh a lot.
Higgins: Magnum, you are clad only in your undershorts.
Magnum: Of course I am.
Higgins: Even for you I find that just a trifle casual.

{Unless you treat failure as part of the journey, you're never going to get anywhere.} ~ Tom Selleck