The Pilgrimage ..... it's happening

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

Re: The Pilgrimage ..... it's happening

#31 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

Image[/quote]

Peter.........Note the proper "Ultimate Magnum fan" Island attire.........Very short shorts and Hawaiian shirt unbuttoned below the nipple line. The heck with how embarrassed your wife may be....THIS IS A PILGRAMAGE!!!![/quote]

That made me laugh out loud.
Faith and Begorrah!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by 308GUY »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote: ****************************

That made me laugh out loud.

Me too! :lol:

But now you're duty bound Peter! :higgins:
Last edited by 308GUY on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by KENJI »

I have to agree with the gang Peter............you're locked in now!
Can't wait to see the pics.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#34 Post by ConchRepublican »

I thought that look was called "the weekend"? :wink:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Little Garwood »

ConchRepublican wrote:I thought that look was called "the weekend"? :wink:

These days, it's also called "church" and "job interview."

BTW, that particular shirt--when buttoned up--is my favorite of his.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

ConchRepublican

#36 Post by ConchRepublican »

Little Garwood wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:I thought that look was called "the weekend"? :wink:
These days, it's also called "church" and "job interview."
Unfortunately .... although I do take pride in having a Palm Sunday Palm Shirt and wearing the Purple Calla Lily shirt for Easter ..... I mean it's purple and has lilies! It's like it was made for Easter! :-)
CoziTV Superfan spot

Rands
Rear Admiral

#37 Post by Rands »

Conch: Pilgrimage is truly the correct choice of terms. Your staying in the Second City area, will save you from much of the Honolulu traffic. Of course, seeing most of the Magnum sites, will require you to do battle with the traffic, but it certainly is worth it. When visiting the Estate, please keep an eye on the tide charts, as the tide comes in pretty rapidly.

I too stay in the Ko'Olina area when visiting, and I can recommend several good places to eat, in Kapolei. I always eat where the locals do, finding the food much better in both quality and price. For breakfast, try Zippy's as they have an excellent menu, for a diner. On the weekends, it will be packed, with a great number of children. For lunch or dinner, I always hit En Feugo ( http://enfuegogrillhawaii.com/ ) , which has absolutely wonderful fish dishes, my favorite being the "Seared Garlic Ahi". En Feugo sells out of the Ahi dishes early in the evening, so if you plan to eat there go early. BTW, the staff at En Feugo are wonderful. If there Ahi is sold out, try the Mochiko Chicken.

A little longer drive is Taniokas, http://www.taniokas.com/ , but certainly worth it. Taniokas is take out only, so plan accordingly. Enjoy visiting and eating your way through the Island. :D

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#38 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Rands wrote:Conch: Pilgrimage is truly the correct choice of terms. Your staying in the Second City area, will save you from much of the Honolulu traffic. Of course, seeing most of the Magnum sites, will require you to do battle with the traffic, but it certainly is worth it. When visiting the Estate, please keep an eye on the tide charts, as the tide comes in pretty rapidly.

I too stay in the Ko'Olina area when visiting, and I can recommend several good places to eat, in Kapolei. I always eat where the locals do, finding the food much better in both quality and price. For breakfast, try Zippy's as they have an excellent menu, for a diner. On the weekends, it will be packed, with a great number of children. For lunch or dinner, I always hit En Feugo ( http://enfuegogrillhawaii.com/ ) , which has absolutely wonderful fish dishes, my favorite being the "Seared Garlic Ahi". En Feugo sells out of the Ahi dishes early in the evening, so if you plan to eat there go early. BTW, the staff at En Feugo are wonderful. If there Ahi is sold out, try the Mochiko Chicken.

A little longer drive is Taniokas, http://www.taniokas.com/ , but certainly worth it. Taniokas is take out only, so plan accordingly. Enjoy visiting and eating your way through the Island. :D
Making notes for my next trip!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

MikeS
Admiral

#39 Post by MikeS »

Little Garwood wrote:BTW, that particular shirt--when buttoned up--is my favorite of his.
Indeed, the Kona Winds shirt is nice as were so many others.

I've wanted a shirt but I can't remember for sure exactly the one I spotted when Esquire played the series a few times over. I think it was a purple with a sorta cream colored collar... not sure if the pattern was birds or flowers..? I've wanted to get the the DVD set just so I could watch carefully for it again.

Oh, my sister and her husband just got back from Hawaii, don't recall where they were but I know they had fun.
MikeS

ConchRepublican

#40 Post by ConchRepublican »

MikeS wrote:
Little Garwood wrote:BTW, that particular shirt--when buttoned up--is my favorite of his.

I've wanted a shirt but I can't remember for sure exactly the one I spotted when Esquire played the series a few times over. I think it was a purple with a sorta cream colored collar... not sure if the pattern was birds or flowers..? I've wanted to get the the DVD set just so I could watch carefully for it again.

Oh, my sister and her husband just got back from Hawaii, don't recall where they were but I know they had fun.
Hey MikeS!

You must be speaking of the famous Purple Calla Lily shirt.

http://www.mauishirts.com/tom-selleck-c ... found.html
CoziTV Superfan spot

MikeS
Admiral

#41 Post by MikeS »

ConchRepublican wrote:
MikeS wrote:

Hey MikeS!

You must be speaking of the famous Purple Calla Lily shirt.

http://www.mauishirts.com/tom-selleck-c ... found.html
Hey Conch

Thank you very much for the info, So it's the Purple Calla Lily.

I've been trying to recall the episode I first noticed the shirt. What I remember is, IIRC, Magnum comes up to Rick, outside, maybe at the club, it was daytime. You get a close up of Magnum kinda looking at the camera, ... I just realized I'm describing nearly every Magnum episode :) If this is the only Purple Hawaiian shirt then this has got to be it :)

I want the Purple Calla Lily and maybe 1 other, the Kona Winds looks good. Wow, 2 shirts might be getting close to $200 all said. Has anyone purchased these shirts from this particular merchant, quality???, service??? shipping to the states??? overall experience???
MikeS

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#42 Post by marlboro »

I like the purple jungle bird shirt best, I think. I didn't see it on that site though. Not for men anyway.

TSM308
Captain

#43 Post by TSM308 »

I actually have a purple calla lilly shirt coming from mauishirts. Should be here tomorrow. The website is a bit (ok, a lot) outdated but there have been no issues as of yet, and they shipped same day.
"Don't look at the dogs, work the lock."

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by 308GUY »

TSM308 wrote:I actually have a purple calla lilly shirt coming from mauishirts. Should be here tomorrow. The website is a bit (ok, a lot) outdated but there have been no issues as of yet, and they shipped same day.

Let us know how the sizing and quality is when you get it! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

TSM308
Captain

#45 Post by TSM308 »

It's a Paradise Found branded shirt - I bought one from a shop in Honolulu the first time we were there. I'm 5'10/160 and a medium is a big on me, so I ordered a small for this one. I think their size charts are pretty accurate, where they say go by the measurements of the shirt, not our chest. But yes I'll post an update once I have it. Hoping I don't have to send it all the way back to Maui for a medium!
"Don't look at the dogs, work the lock."