The Pilgrimage ..... it's happening

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Pilgrimage ..... it's happening

#91 Post by 308GUY »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Hello Conch,

just my personal opinion, but whenever I am on the island, there is not a single day, that I've NOT been to Pahonu and swimming in the tidal pool.

The place is simply magical and it would be a waste being there only once.
Seconded.....(cept' I haven't got there yet.. :cry: ) But if I had...this would also be my M.O. :magnum:

The "magic" is far reaching for me....it HAS to be!LOL :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#92 Post by Little Garwood »

ConchRepublican wrote:OK, we're getting close! We have a rough itinerary put together . . .

Day 1 - arrive around 3:30. Get settled in at Aulani, dinner, crash
Day 2 - Magnum Day (The Estate, Makai Research pier, Makapu'u Point Lighthouse Trail - Thomas says goodbye to Michelle, Kona Brewery - lunch, Waialae Beach Park - KK Club beach bar location)
Day 3 - Kayak tour and relax day
Day 4 - Pearl Harbor
Day 5 - Helo Tour (Paradise Helicopters "Magnum Experience"!!) and another Magnum Day (Byodo Inn) maybe Dole plantation on the way to Paradise Helicopters which is out of Turtle Bay on the North Shore. Maybe check out Agatha's house and neighborhood, maybe back to the Estate for sunset low tide.
Day 6 - Relax day, evening Luau dinner
Day 7 - Manoa Valley Water fall and forest hike, Dukes for sunset and dinner
Day 8 - Late flight, arriving home the next AM
This may as well be my own itinerary. It's inspirational!

I second the swimming-in-the-tidal-pool-every-day idea. However, I find in my travels that if your first experience is amazing, subsequent visits on the same trip just won't measure up.

When ARE you going, anyway?
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#93 Post by Steve »

Well it looks like the Obama's are jetting off to Hawaii for their annual Christmas vacation. It will be interesting when you get to the Estate if you can get any new intel on if he is actually moving in. Hopefully if the rumors are true it wont effect your sightseeing visit in anyway or at the very least you can turn him on to Coop's in a longneck, fig newtons and chili dogs........

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#94 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:Well it looks like the Obama's are jetting off to Hawaii for their annual Christmas vacation. It will be interesting when you get to the Estate if you can get any new intel on if he is actually moving in. Hopefully if the rumors are true it wont effect your sightseeing visit in anyway or at the very least you can turn him on to Coop's in a longneck, fig newtons and chili dogs........
What tha funk?!? I thought they were spending their last Christmas in D.C.?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#95 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Steve wrote:Well it looks like the Obama's are jetting off to Hawaii for their annual Christmas vacation. It will be interesting when you get to the Estate if you can get any new intel on if he is actually moving in. Hopefully if the rumors are true it wont effect your sightseeing visit in anyway or at the very least you can turn him on to Coop's in a longneck, fig newtons and chili dogs........
It's good to be King....
Two weeks over there and one day he is going to Pearl Harbor to meet with the Japanese Prime Minister. Hopefully that will be next week before you get there.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#96 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

According to the Hawaii news they arrived on Oahu last night and went to their usual vacation location on Kailuana Place in Kailua.

By the way Conch, I've been meaning to post this...I know this guide has been mentioned here before but I very highly recommend Oahu Revealed by Andrew Doughty (https://www.amazon.com/Oahu-Revealed-Ul ... u+revealed). His guidebooks are chock full of information...many atypical places to visit, background information about sites, detailed maps, history of the Islands, honest reviews about places to eat (and stay but of course you have that covered), and much more, all with a fun comedic twist. Definitely not the usual dry, touristy type of guidebook. I enjoy them so much I always purchase any updated version that comes out whether I'm headed to Hawaii or not. :D

Coincidentally, the author lives not too far from where Obama is staying. Apparently his guidebooks are loved by many more people than just me!

ConchRepublican

#97 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
It's good to be King....
Two weeks over there and one day he is going to Pearl Harbor to meet with the Japanese Prime Minister. Hopefully that will be next week before you get there.
Jeez Louise, do you know when he's going to Pearl?
CoziTV Superfan spot

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#98 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:
It's good to be King....
Jeez Louise, do you know when he's going to Pearl?[/quote]

Looks like December 27th, that's not your "Day 4" is it? If so you can always try and pull a Almost Home, just make sure Mrs. Ultimate is in the proper spaghetti string dress.........

ConchRepublican

#99 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
Steve wrote:
It's good to be King....
Jeez Louise, do you know when he's going to Pearl?
Looks like December 27th, that's not your "Day 4" is it? If so you can always try and pull a Almost Home, just make sure Mrs. Ultimate is in the proper spaghetti string dress.........
Whew!!
CoziTV Superfan spot

ConchRepublican

#100 Post by ConchRepublican »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:According to the Hawaii news they arrived on Oahu last night and went to their usual vacation location on Kailuana Place in Kailua.

By the way Conch, I've been meaning to post this...I know this guide has been mentioned here before but I very highly recommend Oahu Revealed by Andrew Doughty (https://www.amazon.com/Oahu-Revealed-Ul ... u+revealed). His guidebooks are chock full of information...many atypical places to visit, background information about sites, detailed maps, history of the Islands, honest reviews about places to eat (and stay but of course you have that covered), and much more, all with a fun comedic twist. Definitely not the usual dry, touristy type of guidebook. I enjoy them so much I always purchase any updated version that comes out whether I'm headed to Hawaii or not. :D

Coincidentally, the author lives not too far from where Obama is staying. Apparently his guidebooks are loved by many more people than just me!
Thank you! I was kind of overwhelmed with info and suffered a bit of a whiteout. I'm going to order this and keep it on hand.

Thanks again!
CoziTV Superfan spot

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#101 Post by Little Garwood »

Let me add my thumbs up on Oahu Revealed. Nice, breezy, and informative read.

Now if I ever actually go to Hawaii (I keep choosing Europe!)...
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

ConchRepublican

#102 Post by ConchRepublican »

Aloha!

CoziTV Superfan spot

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#103 Post by eagle »

ConchRepublican wrote:Aloha!
You should update your location. :) :) :) :magnum: :magnum: :magnum:

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#104 Post by 308GUY »

eagle wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:Aloha!
You should update your location. :) :) :) :magnum: :magnum: :magnum:

Seconded.....as you're able and it's convenient.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#105 Post by Steve »

Ah yes, Paradise Found!