New to the forum

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sperry
Lieutenant

New to the forum

#1 Post by Sperry »

Hello fellow forum members.

So pleased I came across this site whilst searching for a 'get wet' cap as worn by Magnum.
Magnum is by far my favourite tv series and I still watch daily in the UK on ITV4.
I don't know about you guys but I fond something poignant in most episodes, and are often moving and hilarious at the same time. This is what keeps me watching religiously!!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: New to the forum

#2 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome Sperry!

Always good to see new people on board.

You undoubtedly already know that you've found the best place/source for Magnum stuff that exists on the planet.

Good people here, lots of info and trivia, plus down to earth discussions about the show, individual episodes, characters, the people who played them, 308's 8) , Hawaii, estates, and anything and everything associated with the show and/or it's production.

Here's a place where you can, (or maybe I should say, used to be able to get, as I see they are now listing them as "Sold Out") a reasonable facsimile of a Get Wet cap.

http://www.amosdelretro.com.ar/index.ph ... 20/%20Caps

I've gotten several things from them, and they are of good quality, communication has been good, shipping is fast but takes a while seeing as how they are in Argentina, but I've had good service and experiences with them thus far. Not sure what to make of the "Sold Out" sticker, it's still on the site, so maybe it's just temporary. The only difference I have found in the cap they produce and the one TS wears, is the original was a 5 panel cap, while the reproduction is a standard 6 panel cap. Hardly noticeable in reality, but a variance in detail none the less. They also have the TIGERS Al's Automotive patches, and the caps can be purchased many places. I've made my own using the patch from Amosdelretro. It's amazing all the stuff they have on their site, if you are into retro anything having to do with movies/television.

Stick around, have fun, and note there are several members from "across the pond" (from here anyway!)

Welcome!
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Sperry
Lieutenant

#3 Post by Sperry »

Cheers for the welcome 308GUY and thanks for the link.
As you say some great stuff on there, I think I will be making so purchases from it soon enough.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#4 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard!