Infinity, Jelly Doughnuts and Sea Change

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

Infinity, Jelly Doughnuts and Sea Change

#1 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

I was just watching "Jesse Stone: Sea Change" and I had to chuckle at the scene where Luther "Suitcase" Simpson comes out of the coma and asks for a cappuccino. It was an instantly recognizable reminder of the scene when Magnum comes out of the coma and asks for a pint of stout. There was also the scene where Jesse is going to write Sean Young's character a parking ticket, but he doubts a car that nice could be hers. Besides the Rolex GMT Pepsi, has anyone noticed others homages to Magnum in Jesse Stone or any of Selleck's other work?
Faith and Begorrah!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: Infinity, Jelly Doughnuts and Sea Change

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

Jesse Stone has a habit of saying "Fate wouldn't do that to me". I think that (or a very similar phrase) was a recurring saying of Magnum in the early years. For some reason, I think it might have been in "Don't Eat The Snow"

eagle
Fleet Admiral

Re: Infinity, Jelly Doughnuts and Sea Change

#3 Post by eagle »

My wife & I were watching "Jesse Stone: Night Passage" last night, and I noticed the Pepsi GMT... not surprised that others had already commented about it here on the MM forums. :)

And yes, I think the Jesse Stone character is similar to Frank Reagan and Thomas Magnum. Love seeing Tom Selleck in these roles.