Magnum PI on Netflix

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Shove It Scrungo
Ensign

Magnum PI on Netflix

#1 Post by Shove It Scrungo »

UPDATE: After a little looking around I found out Netflix is trying to keep Magnum on live streaming, but the live streaming contract is outdated. Apparently they are trying to keep it available, and there is a chance it will stay on.
Last edited by Shove It Scrungo on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
How do you expect to lose a "tail" when you stick out like King Kong on the Empire State building?!
-Luther H. Gillis

Oh.My.GOD!
Ensign

Re: Let's Keep Magnum PI on Netflix!

#2 Post by Oh.My.GOD! »

I sure appreciate the sentiment, friend but I don't think Netflix will listen to anyone.

While browsing through Netflix I came across Magnum and thought " Finally! This is great. " Began watching from the beginning and then got caught up with other things. Figured I'd come back to see the rest.

I had no idea Magnum was being taken off Netflix at the end of this month... Found out around the 4th of July or so and sure have a lot more viewing to do.

I grew up with the first few seasons and missed the rest. Just too much going on with life and no access to a TV at the time. With some luck Amazon will introduce the program for streaming..

Just a real bit of rotten luck they're taking down the program.

Shove It Scrungo
Ensign

Re: Let's Keep Magnum PI on Netflix!

#3 Post by Shove It Scrungo »

You're probably right, but it's worth a try! Too bad Netflix is doing it, pretty soon all the good stuff will be gone.
How do you expect to lose a "tail" when you stick out like King Kong on the Empire State building?!
-Luther H. Gillis

Oh.My.GOD!
Ensign

Re: Magnum PI on Netflix

#4 Post by Oh.My.GOD! »

wow! Thanks for the detective work, friend.

I sure hope they get it sorted out. I read somewhere that not all of the Magnum episodes made it onto Netflix - had you heard that too?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#5 Post by Doc Ibold »

Oh.My.GOD! wrote:wow! Thanks for the detective work, friend.

I sure hope they get it sorted out. I read somewhere that not all of the Magnum episodes made it onto Netflix - had you heard that too?
While I can't verify, it woudn't shock me. A few of the series on NF don't have the complete episodes. A good example is Quantum Leap which is missing the first and last episodes and a few from season 2.

cheli
Ensign

#6 Post by cheli »

Noticed this too late!! Was halfway through season eight when it was pulled today. Someone please post here if it shows up streaming anywhere. Thanks!

Oh.My.GOD!
Ensign

#7 Post by Oh.My.GOD! »

well, that just stinks.

I thought the streaming would be available until 12:00 AM tonight. Planned on a MPI marathon tonight.

DarCA
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by DarCA »

Sure hope Netflix brings Magnum back! I'm having withdrawals

eltonsean
Captain

#9 Post by eltonsean »

I found this Magnum, P.I. post on change.org:

"Please help bring Magnum, P.I. back to Netflix streaming! If we can get enough signatures for Netflix to take notice, then it could happen soon! If you enjoy watching Magnum, P.I. on Netflix then PLEASE sign this petition today, and share it with anyone else who might be interested!"

View the petition here: (Right now there's only about 6 signatures)
https://www.change.org/p/netflix-bring- ... reaming?re

I haven't used change.org before but I'm gonna sign it and hope for the best. Although I own all 8 seasons on DVD, I really miss having Magnum on Netflix! :magnum:
"Living well is the best revenge".