Reviving the television series......

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MiniMag
Lieutenant

Reviving the television series......

#1 Post by MiniMag »

Am I alone, or do any of you guys find yourself imagining what the series would be like if it was to be revived?

I've created and gone over the plot to the series opener, created new characters, and even figured out where the old characters would be to this day. When I recently visited my mother, who enjoyed the show as well back in the day, and told her my storyline to the series opener, she commented on how she felt like she actually just got done watching the show!

ETA: Don't know if she was just being kind, but she suggested I should submit my ideas to someone who might be interested in them. I just chuckled at the idea.

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

Re: Reviving the television series......

#2 Post by The Birdman »

I would hate to see how it would be butchered up today. I'm not to fond of any of the shows they've brought back or made into movies (A Team). I think it's best to just remember it the way it was.
Uh PHRASING!!!!

MiniMag
Lieutenant

#3 Post by MiniMag »

I think Tom Selleck himself said in an interview, that if it's done, then it would have to be done right or not at all. I think it's possible to do it right, with of course the original characters-and some new ones as well, Lilly being one, TC's son being another.

I don't look at it as a remake, but as a continuation of the series.

BWheelz54
Admiral

#4 Post by BWheelz54 »

I've had a lot of fun tackling this very topic, MiniMag. My thread has been pushed to the bottom of the line a bit, but if you follow this link, you can see four scripts and a synopsis of what I think season nine should be all about. This was a lot of fun. Check it out if you're interested. I've really enjoyed sharing this with the great folks here at Magnum Mania.

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2875