Let's Fill Higgins' Study With Books!!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: Let's Fill Higgins' Study With Books!!!

#16 Post by J.J. Walters »

To not believe that Higgins is Robin Masters is to not believe Thomas Magnum. Thomas Magnum believed it to be true, therefor so should we. Why would we doubt him? And to not believe in Thomas Magnum is downright un-american. :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

magnum1911
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#17 Post by magnum1911 »

I think we would find the Art of War and For whom the bell tolls as well. Also I Imagine some sort book about chess moves and mastering the game.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#18 Post by ConchRepublican »

Hoyle's Rules of Games. :)
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#19 Post by Styles Bitchley »

magnum1911 wrote:I think we would find the Art of War and For whom the bell tolls as well. Also I Imagine some sort book about chess moves and mastering the game.
Good call!

I think we're missing a lot of non-fiction, which I expect would make up the bulk of the books on the shelves. I think most of the books from the library of The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst would find themselves quite at home on Higgins' shelf!

Titles, such as "HISTORY OF THE 43RD AND 52ND (OXFORD AND BUCKINGHAMSHIRE) LIGHT INFANTRY IN THE GREAT WAR VOL I, THE 43RD LIGHT INFANTRY IN MESOPOTAMIA AND NORTH RUSSIA," "HISTORICAL RECORD OF THE GOVERNOR-GENERAL’S BODY GUARD," and "SKETCHES OF MANCHURIAN BATTLE-FIELDS With A Verbal Description Of Southern Manchuria - An Aid To The Study Of The Russo-Japanese War" are quintessentially "Higgins."
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.