am i the only one ??????

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

LION
Lieutenant Junior Grade

am i the only one ??????

#1 Post by LION »

i wanted to ask a question here. i want to know if im the only one.
i watch one episode of magnum p.i. everyday.
i start in order from the first episode and work my way thru to the last episode then start over again.
i plan on doing this for the rest of my life.
this is my way of keeping my favorite show alive and still going forever in my life.
does anyone else do this?

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: am i the only one ??????

#2 Post by terryfromkerry »

LION wrote:i wanted to ask a question here. i want to know if im the only one.
i start in order from the first episode and work my way thru to the last episode then start over again.
this is my way of keeping my favorite show alive and still going forever in my life.
Hi Lion.

My name is Terry and I have the same condition. The only treatment that seems to work is to continue the treatment,i.e, keep watching ! :lol: :magnum:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

Lather, rinse, repeat.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by 308GUY »

Short answer....no..you're not the only one.

I have a VCR/DVD player set up in the camper at my fiberglass shop, and whenever I'm there, I generally watch at least one episode a day, and like yourself, start with the pilot and work my way through to TM pointing the remote at us and saying goodnight.

Don't get to go everyday, but that's pretty much the routine when I do. Always feel a little "let down" when season 8 starts, cause I know the end is near!LOL :magnum:

One day, there will be a convention on Oahu, and we might even get TM to show up!

(Yea, I know, but some of us are addicted to dreaming! 8) Remember, Disneyland, the horseless carriage, air travel, computers, etc., etc., etc., were ALL dreams at one time! :D )
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

MPIinstitute
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#5 Post by MPIinstitute »

I watch Magnum when I can but not everyday. For some reason, Blue Bloods is my favorite show now. Hmmmmmm, I wonder why??

Clutterbuck
Ensign

#6 Post by Clutterbuck »

Hi guys :magnum:
Actually this is my first post in this forum! I felt quite a relief when I found out that there is a place like this for all the magnum fans; so to say, I didn't expect that there are so many of us :o
Back to the topic: With my age of 27 yrs it became almost a ritual of relaxation to me watching one or two episodes of Mpi in the evening. It doesn't matter how bad a day has been up to the point I get ready for Mpi. That means: Prepare my meal (Hotdog, pizza), not to forget the compulsory beer (at times orange juice). Then finally switch on the bd-player and just a few minutes later I am in a different world. What would I give to just live a few days in the Magnum universe - my world appears so grey and uneventful in comparison.
There are periods when I don't watch Mpi, sometimes for one of two weeks, because my life is too busy (job, studies). However, I always come back to it :D

Btw... Anyone remembers good old Clutterbuck :D (my first episode of mpi)

Aloha!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome Clutterbuck!

Yes, I'm sure more than a few of us remember ole' Clutterbuck!

Kind of a "mini" discussion here: http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... lutterbuck

Always good to hear about fans from all over the world, personally, I think there are many more than we know about.

There was another member from Germany who signed up recently, sasha2000, who was trying to get a kickstarter program going to buy and rescue Robin's Nest. Maybe you guys are close to each other in location?

At any rate, welcome aboard, don't be shy, I for one, really enjoy seeing/hearing different takes on the show and how much people all over the world enjoy it, and how they work it into their lives.

Welcome. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#8 Post by ConchRepublican »

Willkommen herr Clutterbuck!

Enjoy your tour of the grounds, the lads are enjoying a fine steak and the Mau Mau are nowhere to be found.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#9 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I usually just pick out an episode that fits my mood.

eltonsean
Captain

#10 Post by eltonsean »

ya, i watch it almost daily. I do read this forum daily though and often choose the episodes I watch based on the latest episode comments on this forum :)
btw, from this pic of my apartment, can you tell I'm a child of the 80's and a huge Magnum fan?
"Living well is the best revenge".

eltonsean
Captain

#11 Post by eltonsean »

Clutterbuck wrote:Hi guys :magnum:

Btw... Anyone remembers good old Clutterbuck :D (my first episode of mpi)

Aloha!
Haha, I didn't understand the Clutterbuck reference when i first read your post, but then I happened to watch season 3's "Black On White" the following day and suddenly I understood :magnum:

This scene makes me jump every time I watch good old Clutterbuck :P
"Living well is the best revenge".

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Little Garwood »

I've started watching all of my favorite shows from start to finish without skipping a single episode. Everything from one-season classics like Kolchak: the Night Stalker and The Persuaders! to long-running legends like Hawaii Five-0 and M*A*S*H. My TV schedule is set up on more or less a weekly basis, though Magnum gets a few days a week since a week is just way too long to wait in between episodes! Besides, I suffered through one episode a week back during the show's original run ("Never Again...Never Again!") :lol:
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Danno »

I don't know if I could keep it up watching it daily! Sometimes I don't watch the show for six months or so...
I do go back to watching it in a binge of maybe three episodes a night for a few weeks sometimes, but generally I try to ration it out.

162 episodes does not seem enough!
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Little Garwood »

Looks like I'm on an episode-a-day diet! It's been fairly warm here in and around Miami (surprise) so I've been in quite the "Tropical Mood", and Magnum (as well as that other "Magnumverse" series, Hawaii Five-0, which I'm watching in reverse order) is getting a lot of airplay here.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Primbud
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#15 Post by Primbud »

The first time I went through the series on disc, I saw all and rated them 1-10. On the second go-around, I only watched the ones I gave 7 or higher to. Third time, I'll do that again but also add others I might have liked for specifics but which I felt didn't deserve 7 or higher.

It can be one of the things I view to get back my sanity after viewing a brand new crappy movie event or have some other disturbing things happen in life.