Animated gifs?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Animated gifs?

#346 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:29 am Actually I'm pretty hip to this "Kookie" lingo too because some of it actually made its way into my all-time favorite show - Hawaii Five-O. Especially the first season! I'm immediately thinking of my all-time favorite baddie Big Chicken (Gavin MacLeod) whose beatnik/peacenik/flower-power lingo still puts a huge grin on my face every single time! His back-and-forths with McGarrett were legendary! Forget Wo Fat. He's got nothin' on Big Chicken! Then there was that cool cat Jerry Parks (Sam Melville) from "Tiger by the Tail" (also season 1) whose "dig it" and "bay-bee" and "groovy" and "flip me" and "dig, baby, dig" is the stuff of legend! There was plenty of that in the inaugural season of Five-O. That's why I love that first season so much. As the 70s rolled around this lingo largely disappeared. Sure, there was still the usual "fuzz" and "pigs" and whatnot thrown around but the lingo wasn't as "far-out-daddy-o" as during the first season. Flower power, hippies, Vietnam War, etc.
Ivan,
All the guys over at the "Big Chicken Mania" site would be glad to have you join, though I already copped the "Chicken Kiev" monicker. I have to agree with you, Big Chicken was the best
and the fact that no animated gif of him has yet to appear is plain wrong.

I reckon we can overlook your misplaced favoring of Fonzie over Kookie.
Considering that "sit on it" derived from when Mrs. C would instruct Fonzie to clamber up on to Joanie's old high chair so he could break bread with the Cunninghams, I'd have to say that
Henry Winkler did one of the great acting jobs in TV history with his now legendary portrayal. But Kookie was the real deal, on screen and off.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#347 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:59 am
ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:29 am Actually I'm pretty hip to this "Kookie" lingo too because some of it actually made its way into my all-time favorite show - Hawaii Five-O. Especially the first season! I'm immediately thinking of my all-time favorite baddie Big Chicken (Gavin MacLeod) whose beatnik/peacenik/flower-power lingo still puts a huge grin on my face every single time! His back-and-forths with McGarrett were legendary! Forget Wo Fat. He's got nothin' on Big Chicken! Then there was that cool cat Jerry Parks (Sam Melville) from "Tiger by the Tail" (also season 1) whose "dig it" and "bay-bee" and "groovy" and "flip me" and "dig, baby, dig" is the stuff of legend! There was plenty of that in the inaugural season of Five-O. That's why I love that first season so much. As the 70s rolled around this lingo largely disappeared. Sure, there was still the usual "fuzz" and "pigs" and whatnot thrown around but the lingo wasn't as "far-out-daddy-o" as during the first season. Flower power, hippies, Vietnam War, etc.
Ivan,
All the guys over at the "Big Chicken Mania" site would be glad to have you join, though I already copped the "Chicken Kiev" monicker. I have to agree with you, Big Chicken was the best
and the fact that no animated gif of him has yet to appear is plain wrong.

I reckon we can overlook your misplaced favoring of Fonzie over Kookie.
Considering that "sit on it" derived from when Mrs. C would instruct Fonzie to clamber up on to Joanie's old high chair so he could break bread with the Cunninghams, I'd have to say that
Henry Winkler did one of the great acting jobs in TV history with his now legendary portrayal. But Kookie was the real deal, on screen and off.
We had a really hip poster named "Big Chicken" over on Mike Quigley's Five-O discussion forum years back who always used to post using Big Chicken's lingo. We had a blast going back and forth with him. He was "Big Chicken" and I was "Jerry Bay-Bee" (Sam Melville) from "Tiger by the Tail". :lol: He used Big Chicken lingo and I used Jerry Parks lingo. "Dig, baby, dig. You flip me, man. I thought you said you didn't even dig the cat. Outta sight, bay-bee, outta sight! No way, bay-bee, but noooo waaaaaaay they're ever gonna find us when we split the scene. Dig?"

:lol:

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#348 Post by Chris109 »

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:15 pm
Chris109 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:17 pm
And IIRC, Danno would occasionally throw some hip speak into the conversation to make it look like he was part of the 'in' crowd. Kind of reminded me of the Sanford and Son cops. The white guy (Officer 'Hoppy' Hopkins or Officer 'Swanny' Swanhouser) would speak police jargon, then Fred would look
at the black guy (Officer 'Smitty' Smith) for interpretation. It seemed like Danno played that same kind of interpreter. But, it's been a while.
Actually it wasn't police jargon that Hoppy/Swanny were saying to Fred. They were always trying to use black/jive lingo with him. Which made little sense. That's why Smitty had to translate. :lol: Those were always my favorite parts of the show! Like instead of "right on" they might have said "right up" which of course Smitty would then correct. Or instead of "cool" they would say "cold".
Been a loooong time. I just remember the translation bit.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#349 Post by Chris109 »

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#350 Post by T.Q. »

Just for fun when something blows up in your life.

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#351 Post by T.Q. »

Original in HD.

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#352 Post by T.Q. »

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#353 Post by Aloha Friday »

I love it...
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#354 Post by Pahonu »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: