Larry Manetti Interview

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Lar
Captain

Larry Manetti Interview

#1 Post by Lar »

Hey everyone. I recently had the good fortune to have an interview with Larry Manetti for my blog. I thought you all might like to check it out:

http://neovideohunter.wordpress.com/201 ... y-manetti/
The Northeast Ohio Video Hunter: http://neovideohunter.wordpress.com/

Brian
Fleet Admiral

Re: Larry Manetti Interview

#2 Post by Brian »

Fantastic interview! I'd love to get a copy of the beta tape you have.
Sneakers Higgins!!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by 308GUY »

Should you at some point in the future make available either DVD or VCR copies of your BETA version, I'd also be in for getting one.

I grew up in Lorain, and used to watch Hoolihan and Big Chuck, and Ghoulardi before that, probably before your time, but I'm very familiar with WJW! :magnum:

Great job on the interview.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by terryfromkerry »

Great interview Lar. Loved it :!: I bought the book Aloha Magnum on ebay about 10 years ago when it was out of print. It cost one hundred and thirty dollars plus postage but it was worth it. I have read it several times since. Oh by the way love that photo of you with the book. Don Johnson just called and wants his suit back :lol: :lol:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

BWheelz54
Admiral

#5 Post by BWheelz54 »

Hey thanks Lar! Enjoyed the interview and LOVE your blog! You've hooked a new reader here with me. Plan to go through your blog archives and will be looking forward to any new entires, so keep up the awesome job!

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Sisophous »

Interesting interview, I always wondered how people got their foot in the door to go into acting. He chose the field after doing a United Airlines commercial, getting that would be difficult I bet even way back then.

He must have had some good connections, like Ice Pick.

As they say, it isn't about what you know, it's about who you know.

Lar
Captain

#7 Post by Lar »

Thanks for the compliments everyone! It was great talking with Mr. Manetti, even if only via email. He's a great guy; seems like all of the MPI cast members were great folks.
308GUY wrote: I grew up in Lorain, and used to watch Hoolihan and Big Chuck, and Ghoulardi before that, probably before your time, but I'm very familiar with WJW! :magnum:
Ghoulardi and the Hoolie-era were before my time, but I did grow up watching Big Chuck & Lil' John, The Ghoul, and Son Of Ghoul, and I'm still a HUGE fan of all of them. Superhost was around when I was reeeeaally little, and I recall him being on, but it wasn't until later years that I became a mega-fan (I have interviews with both Son Of Ghoul and Superhost on my blog, BTW.)
terryfromkerry wrote:Oh by the way love that photo of you with the book. Don Johnson just called and wants his suit back :lol: :lol:
LOL thank you! That was one thing I was worried about, that it was too Miami Vice-y. I mean, I love MV, but a reference doesn't really fit in an MPI article (I always try to pair a sports jacket with t-shirt for "official" blog photos; looks semi-professional, plus I just like the look.) I didn't realize until after it was taken, but I liked the photo so much that, obviously, I went with it. That's kind of why I added that little explanation.
BWheelz54 wrote:Hey thanks Lar! Enjoyed the interview and LOVE your blog! You've hooked a new reader here with me. Plan to go through your blog archives and will be looking forward to any new entires, so keep up the awesome job!
Thanks so much! It's been a labor of love, but people seem to like what I'm doing. Definitely keep an eye on it, I like to write about old MPI artifacts, and I do have something in mind for the next update. Also, I'm planning something special for December... :wink: .

Thanks again everyone!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

Great job Lar!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Lar
Captain

#9 Post by Lar »

J.J. Walters wrote:Great job Lar!
Thank you!