The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GTS
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1221 Post by 308GTS »

Jeez guys, I really can't believe how long this thread has been going?
Arun
------

"The only thing that's going to touch you is a 10ft pole"

wes
Lieutenant Commander

#1222 Post by wes »

Well things will get interesting now, the estate was sold.

Off of Rick Romer's Blog.

Wes

Donuts ensucrats
Rear Admiral

#1223 Post by Donuts ensucrats »

Great news!!!

Alea jacta est!
Mare de Déu Senyor!!!!!!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#1224 Post by Styles Bitchley »

wes wrote:Well things will get interesting now, the estate was sold.

Wes
Thanks for the heads up, Wes. Could still be just a rumour though.
Rick Romer wrote: Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Two Estates Are in Escrow

Can't believe it's been almost 1-1/2 years since I've posted on this blog. Well, considering it's been 30+ years since I was working on the show, I guess it's not surprising.

I ran into a realtor friend yesterday who told me that both the "Marks Estate" (pilot for Magnum and frequent film location including the King Kamehameha Club) as well as the Eve Glover Anderson Estate have been sold and are both in escrow. I don't know who bought them or what the final selling price was or what the new owners are planning to do with them. If any of you find out, please feel free to add a comment here. If I hear of anything, I will post it.

As for me, I just finished a Chinese movie on Friday as the Production Designer called "Pali Road" (previously called "Life Unknown").

FYI, Tom Selleck is now 70 and John Hillerman is 83. I'm still 36.

Aloha
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Diandra
Captain

#1225 Post by Diandra »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
wes wrote:Well things will get interesting now, the estate was sold.

Wes
Thanks for the heads up, Wes. Could still be just a rumour though.
Rick Romer wrote: Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Two Estates Are in Escrow

Can't believe it's been almost 1-1/2 years since I've posted on this blog. Well, considering it's been 30+ years since I was working on the show, I guess it's not surprising.

I ran into a realtor friend yesterday who told me that both the "Marks Estate" (pilot for Magnum and frequent film location including the King Kamehameha Club) as well as the Eve Glover Anderson Estate have been sold and are both in escrow. I don't know who bought them or what the final selling price was or what the new owners are planning to do with them. If any of you find out, please feel free to add a comment here. If I hear of anything, I will post it.

As for me, I just finished a Chinese movie on Friday as the Production Designer called "Pali Road" (previously called "Life Unknown").

FYI, Tom Selleck is now 70 and John Hillerman is 83. I'm still 36.

Aloha

Thanks for the information. I think it is very interesting that both the Marks Estate and the Eve Glover Estate have been sold.
Maybe whoever bought "Robins Nest" will restore the property. One can only hope!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1226 Post by Steve »

It's still listed on the Sotheby's site...........
http://www.listsothebysrealty.com/eng/s ... o-hi-96795

AdamSkating
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1227 Post by AdamSkating »

Owners or Owner ?

Wonder if the same person bought both?

That would be "good news" since it would be a person interested in the history of the properties.

midnightx
Commander

#1228 Post by midnightx »

It would be a great development if someone could get access to the main house for some photo opportunities prior to its likely demolition. Perhaps someone will be able to reach out to the party responsible for the purchase and gain access to the estate, but that is unlikely to happen for a variety of reasons. It is sad to see the final demise of Pahonu.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#1229 Post by Pahonu »

Steve wrote:It's still listed on the Sotheby's site...........
I noticed the zoning is listed as H10. Does anyone know what that entails. Here in California R1 designates single residence, R2 allows two residences on the property, etc... I was thinking it might allow subdivision up to 10 lots, but I have no idea. Of course, that would not be good for keeping the property intact. :(

Derek
Commander

#1230 Post by Derek »

Pahonu wrote:
Steve wrote:It's still listed on the Sotheby's site...........
I noticed the zoning is listed as H10. Does anyone know what that entails. Here in California R1 designates single residence, R2 allows two residences on the property, etc... I was thinking it might allow subdivision up to 10 lots, but I have no idea. Of course, that would not be good for keeping the property intact. :(
That would be a bummer! And in this case, I would be thankful I could take a look at it while still in one piece. Personally I hope it is just someone who keeps it in good shape and restores it, and later when I am rich I'll buy it from him. I know what you're thinking, and you're right. But isn't it the little dreams that keep us going?

Edit: Then again, in the TV series, it was two residences :)
I know what you're thinking. And you're right.

360kid
Ensign

#1231 Post by 360kid »

hi all,

after reading this thread, all 123 pages of it, I felt obliged to join. I'll be heading to the estate next week to hit the tidal pool, front gate for a peek, and perhaps the hike for some aerial shots and take the area in myself after seeing some gorgeous shots posted. Three decades later and still people interested, myself included, no wonder the elusive Eva is not a fan of Magnum fans!

I'll report anything newsworthy on any findings after I visit, hoping to find a stray pug once on the island, may be my ticket in!

No word on the sale as of yet on here but I shall do some digging on that as well in the area next week if anyone is willing to talk.

All the best.

Diandra
Captain

#1232 Post by Diandra »

360kid wrote:hi all,

after reading this thread, all 123 pages of it, I felt obliged to join. I'll be heading to the estate next week to hit the tidal pool, front gate for a peek, and perhaps the hike for some aerial shots and take the area in myself after seeing some gorgeous shots posted. Three decades later and still people interested, myself included, no wonder the elusive Eva is not a fan of Magnum fans!

I'll report anything newsworthy on any findings after I visit, hoping to find a stray pug once on the island, may be my ticket in!

No word on the sale as of yet on here but I shall do some digging on that as well in the area next week if anyone is willing to talk.

All the best.

I'm jealous. My husband and I were at Robin's Nest in March 2012 and it was great to see where Magnum PI was filmed. Hope you
have the best time and find out who?? may have bought the property!

dougie
Ensign

#1233 Post by dougie »

Awesome. Looking forward to your pics and any info you may find out. Enjoy.

Derek
Commander

#1234 Post by Derek »

360kid wrote:hi all,

All the best.
Could you please check if they have already planted the Petunias, as I requested :)

Seriously, wish you a nice time in Hawai'i, it is such a great place!
I know what you're thinking. And you're right.

Fat Jack
Captain

#1235 Post by Fat Jack »

Hi guys,

Well, it looks like Pahonu is sold. There was a filing at the DLNR Bureau of Conveyances which has the transfer from Eve's trust to the newly formed “Waimanalo Paradise LLC” out of Delaware (http://www.bizapedia.com/de/WAIMANALO-PARADISE-LLC.html). The contact name on the deed is Seth R. Madorsky, a partner at http://www.kattenlaw.com/Seth-Madorsky, who I assume is representing the buyer. I'm the first to admit I know very little about real estate, but doesn't this sound like a developer to you all and not an individual? Any thoughts?