The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1501 Post by KENJI »

I can't find the original drone footage that was used in marketing of Pahonu, but here is another fly over that might interest a few.
I'm guessing the realtor took the footage down at the request of either Eve or Marty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5vonFoCW9Q

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1502 Post by Sam »

Rumor Persists that Obamas Will Live in Magnum PI Estate Post White House

Having been on Oahu for over a month, I have to say the locals I’ve chatted with firmly believe it’s all a smokescreen and that the Obama family will be the next residents of the Anderson Estate (no relation, more’s the pity).

http://candysdirt.com/2015/12/30/rumor- ... /#comments

The article was posted in December.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1503 Post by KENJI »

Nice find Sam.
Time will tell who the new owner really is.....Nesbitt or Obama. Based on the slow progress, this project will probably take a few years anyway and the Obama's youngest daughter wants to finish high school in the Washington so that's a nice fit. If they do move into Pahonu, it won't take long for the news to get out.
I'm hoping the termite damage isn't too bad and can be restored to it's former glory, assuming it's even a restoration project.
We've discussed this before, but one thing that will be tough for that location is security. Yes, it's close to the air force base, but it's almost next door to a public park too and it backs onto the ocean which is also open to the public. There will be a lot of locals upset if they restrict access in anyway. Another issue, Pahonu is located next to the Kalanianole Highway....granted it's not the H1, but that makes it hard to control/screen incoming vehicles too. Then there is the possible issue with the public events held next door at the Shriner's Beach Club, the threat from high above in the mountains....etc.,etc.. Pahonu is a beautiful spot, but I would think a gated community or a property with a bit more land acting as a buffer from the public would be a better fit for security and privacy . Again, time will tell.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#1504 Post by ConchRepublican »

Sam wrote:Rumor Persists that Obamas Will Live in Magnum PI Estate Post White House

Having been on Oahu for over a month, I have to say the locals I’ve chatted with firmly believe it’s all a smokescreen and that the Obama family will be the next residents of the Anderson Estate (no relation, more’s the pity).

This was a big reason we decided to visit as soon as we could.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#1505 Post by steveadl »

Interesting to read Eve's niece was staying the guesthouse to watch over the property in more recent times before the sale.

To throw more cold water on the Obama theory, I can't help but think the residence of a former president (on a small, easily accessible location to the public) would require better fencing than what was erected last month, surely?

Shazza
Ensign

#1506 Post by Shazza »

Thanks so much for all the great photos Fr Paddy II. It's great to see you got to spend so much time there. Also good to see they have replaced some of that fencing since I was there in December 2015. There were huge holes in the gate in front of the boathouse. It truly is a beautiful place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Hope is stays accessible to everyone! Thanks again.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#1507 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Sam wrote:Rumor Persists that Obamas Will Live in Magnum PI Estate Post White House

Before reading the article, I thought you'd been on Oahu for over a month, Sam! Thanks for sharing. I'm on the record for believing it is not the Obamas who will be moving in. We should start a pool.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Diandra
Captain

#1508 Post by Diandra »

steveadl wrote:Interesting to read Eve's niece was staying the guesthouse to watch over the property in more recent times before the sale.

To throw more cold water on the Obama theory, I can't help but think the residence of a former president (on a small, easily accessible location to the public) would require better fencing than what was erected last month, surely?

I agree. One would think, that if the President were moving in, the fence would be HUGE!!! LOL

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1509 Post by Steve »

Diandra wrote:
steveadl wrote:Interesting to read Eve's niece was staying the guesthouse to watch over the property in more recent times before the sale.

I agree. One would think, that if the President were moving in, the fence would be HUGE!!! LOL
He will be an ex-president....Heck, all of us that have made the pilgrimage have respected Ms. Anderson's privacy and not hopped the fence even though it would be easy from the Shriners club next door. I am still voting for if he is not there full time it will at least be a part time resident at the Estate....

Diandra
Captain

#1510 Post by Diandra »

Steve wrote:
Diandra wrote:

He will be an ex-president....Heck, all of us that have made the pilgrimage have respected Ms. Anderson's privacy and not hopped the fence even though it would be easy from the Shriners club next door. I am still voting for if he is not there full time it will at least be a part time resident at the Estate....

I see your point. He would most likely be there in the winter months.

JungleBird
Commander

#1511 Post by JungleBird »

I don't know whether this video was posted already, but I don't think so.
It seems as it was shot before they installed the new fences on the beachfront.
Interesting is what he says about what he learned from a local [rumors that Obama will live there/(allegedly?) "FBI" sightings...];
he also mentions and shows new antennas on the mountains above the estate. Plus, he says "Secret service is already there"...
The video also shows some quite new angles which might be interesting for the 3d-model.

Well, just watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuBtNXz2zDw

What do you think..?

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1512 Post by 308GUY »

In my best Henry Gibson voice....."vedddy inderesteeng"....

Great video, I've not seen before.

Heard similar stories about the guys doing some of the renovation talking to locals.

All of it speculation at this point, but the antenna on the mountain is rather suggestive of someone "other" than a private citizen being the future occupant.

Thanks for posting the vid and welcome to the Magnaverse! :magnum:

I see you've been here for a while, but welcome back anyway! :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

308GTS
Fleet Admiral

#1513 Post by 308GTS »

Wow, nearly 10 years since I started this thread, and it's still going strong! Amazing...!
Arun
------

"The only thing that's going to touch you is a 10ft pole"

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#1514 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Great video - mostly for discovering that the property next door is a rental! Forget Disney, Conch, look into this place!

I still think the Obama rumours are just that. People taking a little bit of fact and letting their minds run wild with a fun rumour in mind.

...and please Unhappy Dan, no more filming while driving! You're going to kill someone.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1515 Post by KENJI »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Great video - mostly for discovering that the property next door is a rental! Forget Disney, Conch, look into this place!

I still think the Obama rumours are just that. People taking a little bit of fact and letting their minds run wild with a fun rumour in mind.

...and please Unhappy Dan, no more filming while driving! You're going to kill someone.

Great find JungleBird!

It was nice to finally see some video footage of the back of the house. In one scene you can see the entrance to the bath house/changing room building. Pahonu will enjoy this footage!!! The place next door has been a rental for at least a few years. I know we've discussed it in here before, but cant' find the info right this second. Here is a link to the place for Conch! :wink: I agree with Styles, lots of talk and speculating at the moment.......time will tell.

https://www.vrbo.com/590011