The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1486 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

You must my dear brother Jonathan in makeup, for I am the real Father Paddy. :P
Faith and Begorrah!

Fr Paddy II
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1487 Post by Fr Paddy II »

Oop's

Perhaps I better change my name, considering you were here first Fr.....you seem to out rank me also Lt. Cmdr!!

I am surprised I was allowed use the name of an existing member. This does have a similarity to a certain Magnum episode. Who is the real Father Paddy!!
Last edited by Fr Paddy II on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fr Paddy II
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1488 Post by Fr Paddy II »

Perhaps one of the mods could help me out. I don't see an option in the control panel to change my user name.

Either that or this priest has had too much whiskey also!!!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1489 Post by KENJI »

Many thanks for posting your pics Father Paddy McGuiness II and welcome!
Maybe Doc or James can tweak your user name to the above name or possibly Fr. McGuiness, Father McG, etc.. Either way, keep drinking yur Irish whiskey
Back to your pics........great to see the new fence installed. It will be interesting to see how long it will take before the salt corrodes this one.....maybe the black coating will slow the process. This has to be at least fence number three back there. Sad to see the graffiti on the wall!!! It sounds like Pahonu needs a Major Domo living at the estate to defend against intruders. Any takers??? Everyone knows the owner isn't living there full time so it would be very easy to sneak around in the middle of the night. There are plenty of teenagers who live in the area who might want to explore behind the wall.....I know a few of us would!

The permit process can take time.....I bet it's longer when you are on Hawaiian time. I'm sure the new owners are also taking their time coming up with a plan of attack too....so much to do.....where do you start. I bet they are enjoying the process.

I can imagine the helicopter company sweating over Obama owning Pahonu and a possible no fly zone.....not good for business that's for sure. Lets hope that's not the case. I just heard that the Obama's will be staying in the Washington DC area for at least a few more years until their younger daughter finishes school there so Paradise Helicopters is safe at least until then.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1490 Post by J.J. Walters »

[looks at Fr Paddy McGuiness]
*poof!*
[mind blown!]

:)

Uh, I didn't realize two exact names could be used either! It's been awhile since I've looked at the forum admin controls, but I could probably figure out again how to change someone's username. What name would like?

An wow, Shazza and Fr Paddy McGuiness (whoever you are, hehe), thanks so much for sharing those wonderful Pahonu pics! Good to see what it looks like in 2016!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Fr Paddy II
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1491 Post by Fr Paddy II »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

That's interesting that Obama is going to remain in DC for a couple of years, perhaps they are going to use the estate for vacations in the meantime, who knows how this is going to play out (if indeed Obama has bought the property).

I know that it is an expensive trip to travel to Hawaii, and there are greater priorities in life such as family and work, but I would urge any serious fans of the show to make this trip before it is too late, there is probably a small window of opportunity to see the estate and tidal pool before it is off limits, it really is an absolutely stunning place, made all the more special to be able to connect with the memory of the show.

Although it will be a shame if the property/tidal pool does become off limits to the public, the one positive to come from the trip is that while speaking to the workers, they said the house was going to be remodeled. One would assume that this means the existing structure will remain and the house/grounds are just going to be upgraded and modernised. Although, if they worked for the fencing company, I'm not sure how much they would actually know.

J.J., if you are able to change my user name to Fr Paddy, that should be enough to differentiate me from the existing Fr Paddy McGuinness. If people feel it's too similar...no problem, I can change it to something else.

Regards,

Fr Paddy

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1492 Post by J.J. Walters »

I have made it so. You shall now be known as "Fr Paddy II". :)

In looking up the accounts, I noticed that your original account name did not have the period (.) after 'Fr' (the other Paddy did). So that is why your account was able to be created (they were not an exact match).
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#1493 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

Fr Paddy II wrote:Perhaps one of the mods could help me out. I don't see an option in the control panel to change my user name.

All I can say is the more Irishmen the better! :D Plenty of room for all of us.
Faith and Begorrah!

Fr Paddy II
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1494 Post by Fr Paddy II »

J.J. Walters wrote:I have made it so. You shall now be known as "Fr Paddy II". :)

In looking up the accounts, I noticed that your original account name did not have the period (.) after 'Fr' (the other Paddy did). So that is why your account was able to be created (they were not an exact match).
Ahh, that explains it......Thanks J.J. for sorting that out.
Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:
Fr Paddy II wrote:Perhaps one of the mods could help me out. I don't see an option in the control panel to change my user name.

All I can say is the more Irishmen the better! :D Plenty of room for all of us.
Well said Fr Paddy McGuinness, My apologies for stealing your identity.

Although, it is obvious that we look nothing like one another.

An Irish blessing to you all :D

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#1495 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Excellent update Shazza! Thanks for taking the time.
Oops, mixed up your handles. Thanks to you too Father!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#1496 Post by No need to know! »

Nice pictures Paddy!

So the interior is in very bad shape. Can´t be much worse than the exterior. I can´t believe how runned down it looks.

All the surroundings was so stunning in Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum.

I hope they bring it back to it´s original glory.
Onion´s extra?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#1497 Post by golfmobile »

Anyone have a drone? Try a flyover? Doesn't have to be a fancy commercial one. Lots of small quad copters have cameras.
"Portside, buddy."

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#1498 Post by Styles Bitchley »

golfmobile wrote:Anyone have a drone? Try a flyover? Doesn't have to be a fancy commercial one. Lots of small quad copters have cameras.
Nice seeing your name after so much time, Golf! I seem to remember someone posting a drone video a while back. Think it was on YouTube. Maybe it was just a dream?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#1499 Post by golfmobile »

Don't we need a recent one, since the purchase and supposed repair/renovation work? Just sayin' . . . . . See if you can find the youtube one? It had to have been "closer" than heli and aircraft fly-overs. LUK (let us know -- if you find it. Would love to view it, considering current circumstances).
"Portside, buddy."

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#1500 Post by steveadl »

I doubt you'll notice many differences yet since the last drone flyover. Grounds still looked fairly 'jungle' from the recent photos. Though maybe the blue tarps are finally gone? lol