The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1456 Post by golfmobile »

Hard to argue with Bora Bora . . . . . It was just about everything we expected. This a picture I took to show where we were staying in an over-water bungalow at the Bora Bora Pearl. It's just mind-boggling now to look at this picture and think about how we were walking along this bridge several times a day. Every day we are SO glad we went when we did because four months later, Larry (spouse) was in the hospital having quintuple bypass surgery (his own cardiac surgeon did not really expect him to survive surgery and Larry had NO symptoms! -- and he's only 60).

"Portside, buddy."

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1457 Post by KENJI »

A beautiful spot you picked there Golf!
I'm really sorry to hear about Larry though!!!
I hope he is on the mend.
Heart disease is nicknamed a silent killer for exactly what you mentioned.....no symptoms and can sneak up on anyone.
Life is definitely too short and scares like that really put things in perspective....most of us take things for granted that we will live to a ripe old age and have plenty of time to do things such as travel which is not always the case.....live everyday as if it was your last.
Wishing Larry a speedy recovery!!!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1458 Post by Steve »

Wow Golf, what a great picture......It was my College roommate and mines dream in 1976 to graduate, "drop out" of society", move to Bora Bora and make a fortune by selling t-shirts and home made tanning lotion (there wasn't sunscreen in them olden days) to the few very wealthy tourist back then that had the money to make the trek to BB from Tahiti...........We are both 61 now and it doesn't look like we are going to make it (but only one bypass surgery between us..not me!) My best to Larry.........

JungleBird
Commander

#1459 Post by JungleBird »

Hi everyone,

when I heard about Obama now really being the new resident on Robin's Nest, I was quite shocked... because I hoped to visit Pahonu in the future, too..

However, when I tried to find some more information on this subject online, all I came up with was this website: https://whitehouse.gov1.info/blog/blog_ ... awaii.html
Yes, in fact it really looks like the whitehouse.gov website... but isn't. :!:
It's called "NOT the white house" and it actually is a fake website.

So, as I only was able to find the "press release" about Obama's Hawaii vacation there... I guess this information is not real...
Or am I missing something here..?

P.S.: My best to Larry...

//edit: Of course, there's this link to the beforeitsnews.com article, too.
But I don't know - this website doesn't seem very reliable to me because everybody can post his or her articles there..
I suppose the editor also just read the 'press release' from the fake whitehouse-website...

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#1460 Post by ConchRepublican »

JungleBird wrote:Hi everyone,

when I heard about Obama now really being the new resident on Robin's Nest, I was quite shocked... because I hoped to visit Pahonu in the future, too..

However, when I tried to find some more information on this subject online, all I came up with was this website: https://whitehouse.gov1.info/blog/blog_ ... awaii.html

So, as I only was able to find the "press release" about Obama's Hawaii vacation there... I guess this information is not real...

But I don't know - this website doesn't seem very reliable to me because everybody can post his or her articles there..
I suppose the editor also just read the 'press release' from the fake whitehouse-website...
Welcome JungleBird!

What an entrance,
Did I not summon my inner "private investigator" and confirm the source?
Was I virtually RickRolled?

Wow! I need to do some deep research now. Hopefully I am only guilty of passing bad info!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#1461 Post by golfmobile »

Larry says thanks for all the good thoughts from all my Magnum buddies. I was too distracted at the time and did not get a picture of MGI sitting on his hospital bed . . . . or on his cut-open-like-a-lobster-tail chest. I swear to God, I wish I had thought of it at the time. It would have been nice to have my "buddy" with me during all the worry at the hospital. Of course, then the nurses would have thought I was crazier than they already thought I was/am . . . .

Conch, even if the info was wrong, it certainly got the attention of some of us long-time-members-but-not-posting-as-much folks, and it's always great to "come back" and hash things over with GOOD old friends AND new ones! This site still has the best people on the internet.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1462 Post by 308GUY »

Hi golf...great to see you posting again! 8)

I too am in the group that hopes the tidal pool remains public access, but IF a retired POTUS is occupying Robin's nest, it's highly unlikely that will be the case.

None of us has ever had the pleasure of actually touring the house or grounds, with the exception of the member that was kind enough to trade messages with me and share his experience with being one of the bidders at the time of sale. Suffice it to say, his offer was higher than the listed asking price, but was told after a "meeting" of the participants, that plain and simple, he just couldn't have it. Enough about that...if he wants to elaborate, he can chime in. But we have had many members who have had the pleasure of visiting the island and plopping themselves smack in the middle of TM's (Robin's) "private" tidal pool, and taking many pictures, all of which I, and I'm guessing all of us, have enjoyed over the years. To realize that it may no longer be possible is a huge disapointment, at least to me. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how things develop in the future.

Sure wish we could get some kind of update on what's being done at the estate on a day to day basis. Haven't done much research, but when I did, there didn't seem to be much in the way of reports since the sale went through. We have the pictures of the bush cutting out front and the realtor's pictures of the inside of the house, but beyond that, haven't seen much since. Oh well, sooner or later there will be news released.

Golf, another member here (me!) sending good thoughts, prayers and wishes to you and Larry for his full recovery. I can totally empathize, as my wife had quadruple bypass in 96'. Hope he (and you) are doing well, and on the way to better days.

Still got the jacket, and in fact picked up another one that's a little "beat up", but still very nice, and I wouldn't feel so bad about wearing it, as it's obviously been worn, where "yours" is pretty pristine. Still don't wear them, just like having them! Kinda like my Vette.....hardly ever drive it, just like to go out in the garage and look at it now and then! (I do drive it occasionally though..... :lol: )

Anyway, like I said, great to see you posting again. I've cut back my internet usage quite a bit, but I still check in everywhere I used to. :magnum:

Oh, and welcome to JungleBird!
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#1463 Post by Doc Ibold »

Here's hoping for a quick, speedy and safe recovery for Larry!

Good to see you again golf

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1464 Post by Steve »

JungleBird wrote:Hi everyone,

So then this section of the website is bogus as well........
https://whitehouse.gov1.info/bep/index.html
And to think I was halfway to printing up 16 million dollars that I was going to use to Make Marty N. a cash offer he could't refuse!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#1465 Post by golfmobile »

Hey, Doc and 308 and all the rest of my old buddies, thanks for the "welcome backs" and good wishes for Larry.

308, did the guy who was in on the bidding actually get to see the interior of the house? Did he say anything about the condition? I'm sure he wasn't allowed to take pictures, but surely if he saw it, he has some idea of how bad it was or wasn't and might have an opinion on the viability of being able to restore the building? If you have permission from him, can you tell us what he said about the interior? If you've already posted that information on this forum, please point me to where it is, as I must have missed it.

Thanks.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1466 Post by 308GUY »

Golf: Been super busy last couple days.

Give me a little more time and I'll get back with you.

Maybe check your pm's tonight.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#1467 Post by golfmobile »

Thanks, will do. Whenever is convenient for you. No rush.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1468 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hello again, golf! :)

Do you still play Links 2003?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#1469 Post by Pahonu »

golfmobile wrote:Hey, Doc and 308 and all the rest of my old buddies, thanks for the "welcome backs" and good wishes for Larry.

308, did the guy who was in on the bidding actually get to see the interior of the house? Did he say anything about the condition? I'm sure he wasn't allowed to take pictures, but surely if he saw it, he has some idea of how bad it was or wasn't and might have an opinion on the viability of being able to restore the building? If you have permission from him, can you tell us what he said about the interior? If you've already posted that information on this forum, please point me to where it is, as I must have missed it.

Thanks.

golf
Sadly, there were no tours of the home's interiors given at the time. He did share many photos with me he took of the exterior of the home, including some never scene on the show angles of the rear of the house. These were to help me with my model. I too promised, however, to keep these photos and his identity private.

shawnembrey
Ensign

#1470 Post by shawnembrey »

Knowing that all Hawaiian beaches are public, will this change when or if he moves in? I'm sure secret service will be sitting on the beach over looking Rabbit Island and will not allow fans of the show to enjoy that spot like many fans have before. I am traveling with my family in June to visit Disney's Aulani for a few days and will be working in a trip to spend a day at the beach at Robbin's Nest.

Obama's friend purchasing the estate completely takes the wind out of my sails. I know there is no chance of winning the lotto, but my dream was to win and purchase the estate. (I know. Wake up, Shawn). However, in my dream, I would get into business with Paradise Helicopters out of Turtle Bay and charge a small fee to land on my new front lawn. I would welcome visitors with a ride in my 308. Maybe even open a bed and breakfast with a murder mystery plot. Reading on this site, you learn the boat house was not the correct dimensions for how Magnum's guest house was laid out. To correct that, the only solution would be to rebuild the boat house to make that a place for real guest to sleep. "I know what you're thinking, and you're right". There I go again. Dreaming.

But now that dream is over. :x
Back to reality. Like someone said in an earlier post... trying to put politics aside. In other words...don't like the guy, but I hope he does not flatten the place to build some mega mansion.