The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#2221 Post by Steve »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:People, come on. There is no doubt at this point. This is going to be a second (or third or fourth) home of the Obama's! This was a carefully planned ordeal. There are too many connections to them at this point. They will roll in there in the winter months. Secret Service agents will be crawling all over the place, including the beach on the tidal pool. That area may technically still be open to the public, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be rolling up there in my cut off jeans and IPA in hand! The neighbors must be besides themselves at this point. Shriner's might be up for sale, too!
Right, Boss... you're preachin' to the choir. Well, speaking for myself that is. I've thought since day 1 it was Obama. Nesbitt isn't kama'aina (Kenji, are you tired of me saying that :lol: )
You all should be reading about the controversy going on here in Chicago over the Obama Presidential Library, that is now it turns out will not a library but a community center with the library located in another State (Hawaii?), all headed by who???? Marty Nesbitt!!!!!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#2222 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:People, come on. There is no doubt at this point. This is going to be a second (or third or fourth) home of the Obama's! This was a carefully planned ordeal. There are too many connections to them at this point. They will roll in there in the winter months. Secret Service agents will be crawling all over the place, including the beach on the tidal pool. That area may technically still be open to the public, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be rolling up there in my cut off jeans and IPA in hand! The neighbors must be besides themselves at this point. Shriner's might be up for sale, too!
Right, Boss... you're preachin' to the choir. Well, speaking for myself that is. I've thought since day 1 it was Obama. Nesbitt isn't kama'aina (Kenji, are you tired of me saying that :lol: )
You all should be reading about the controversy going on here in Chicago over the Obama Presidential Library, that is now it turns out will not a library but a community center with the library located in another State (Hawaii?), all headed by who???? Marty Nesbitt!!!!!
YOU'RE KIDDING!? :lol: This is actually amusing... it reminds me of an MPI episode! I follow the Hawaii news pretty regularly and haven't heard a word about this. I'll go read about it. Wow, thanks for the heads up, Steve!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#2223 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Never tire of it RG, I agree with you, old Marty isn't kama'aina! :wink: :lol:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#2224 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Hi Steve,

I believe there is still a vacant lot in Waimanalo that could be used to store some books, great view too! :wink:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2225 Post by J.J. Walters »

Steve wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Of course, makes perfect sense. A community center for a community organizer! :shock:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#2226 Post by Steve »

I want to be clear I haven't read or heard anything about it being in Hawaii, just that Chicago, Hawaii and New York were in the running and a Chicago site was picked in Hyde Park and on Park Land which is sacred in Chicago. There were plans for a beautiful building and the plans also included revamping a couple of south side golf courses into one as a Tiger Woods designed, PGA golf course. They got caught lying about the golf course as it seems to be another one of our pay to play projects that Obama and Nesbitt claimed they had no knowledge of and wasn't a part of their plan...Then, a couple of months ago Tiger admitted he has had several conversations with Obama about the golf course. The University of Chicago, Hyde Park residents and Friends of the Parks have all never been thrilled about this and now Nesbitt announced the building will be the same, just not the official Presidential Library and that site will be named in the future....

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#2227 Post by Mr. Keoki »

Call it naivety but the part about Obama buying it always made me mad. It had nothing to do with me not being a fan of him politically, just that it shows the absurdity of our political system. That he could come from relative obscurity and after 8 years of "public service" to the country has enough money to lay down 8.5MM for the property, probably close to 1MM for closing costs, fees, corp fees, permits, arch. drawings, etc., and then several million for DEMO/Building costs. Someone with only 10MM doesn't spend it all on a house...So he's become filthy rich. It shouldn't be that way. And I'm still holding out hope that it isn't.
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#2228 Post by 308GUY »

Mr. Keoki wrote:Call it naivety but the part about Obama buying it always made me mad. It had nothing to do with me not being a fan of him politically, just that it shows the absurdity of our political system. That he could come from relative obscurity and after 8 years of "public service" to the country has enough money to lay down 8.5MM for the property, probably close to 1MM for closing costs, fees, corp fees, permits, arch. drawings, etc., and then several million for DEMO/Building costs. Someone with only 10MM doesn't spend it all on a house...So he's become filthy rich. It shouldn't be that way. And I'm still holding out hope that it isn't.

I think he was "filthy rich" long before he ran for pres.

The office "only" pays like $400,000/yr. now, (which D.T. declined...I think I read somewhere he's taking like $1.00?), so the bennies far outway the actual pay.

I always said..."why would anybody spend $20,000,000 to land a job that pays $400,000? POWER....notoriety....being an official part of history...connections...egocentricity....book deals....paid lectures as long as desired...etc.,etc.,etc.l

As an "oddity" compared to anything/everything else in the world....one does NOT become POTUS for the "money".

Plus...it's still not entirely "official" that B.O. & Co. will BE the new residents....indicators suggest it..but it "ain't over till it's over".... :higgins:

JMHO :geek:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#2229 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#2230 Post by Stelth »

Is there any chance of volcanic activity on that property? Well, one can hope.

Guesthouse resident
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#2231 Post by Guesthouse resident »

IMO the estate was the anchor of the show. I hope they exactly rebuild it in the same architectural style. I visited in 1x when I was there. W/out it AND Selleck the new remake will w/out a doubt in my mind unfortunately fail. You simply cannot recreate that same magic.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#2232 Post by ConchRepublican »

Guesthouse resident wrote:IMO the estate was the anchor of the show. I hope they exactly rebuild it in the same architectural style. I visited in 1x when I was there. W/out it AND Selleck the new remake will w/out a doubt in my mind unfortunately fail. You simply cannot recreate that same magic.
Welcome to Magnum-Mania!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Guesthouse resident
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#2233 Post by Guesthouse resident »

Thanks Conch. I was a member a long time ago under "Estate Resident" but lost the email.

For me ever since the begining (I'll turn 50 tomorrow, jeez thats old!) of the show it always was about ROBIN'S NEST, the "estate". It was the anchor of the show. Damn near every really good MPI epsode ended at the estate w/ Higgins & Magnum reconciling no matter how bad Mag screwed up.

Guesthouse resident
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#2234 Post by Guesthouse resident »

Can someone tell me Nesbit destroyed Robin's Nest? Its a tragedy. Why???

Diandra
Captain

#2235 Post by Diandra »

Guesthouse resident wrote:IMO the estate was the anchor of the show. I hope they exactly rebuild it in the same architectural style. I visited in 1x when I was there. W/out it AND Selleck the new remake will w/out a doubt in my mind unfortunately fail. You simply cannot recreate that same magic.

Agreed!!