The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

My Pahonu
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1981 Post by My Pahonu »

Funny how there are no markings on any of the vehicles or equipment used for the demo. I was hoping to get a name and contact them for a piece of rubble. I have an email into the construction company listed on the permit for the demo companies name. So far not a word.

Anyone know what aggregate would have been used in 1930's Hawaiian concrete?

Socal drone, I would love to see all the stills from the flight. You could crop out all but the demo area specific. Yes?

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#1982 Post by ENSHealy »

My Pahonu wrote:SoCal drone, I would love to see all the stills from the flight. You could crop out all but the demo area specific. Yes?
I'm not an expert on drone regulations, but it's clear from the video that he took care to stay outside the property lines. If the drone is over public property, can anything it sees be considered invasion of privacy?

In other words let's not be stifled in our mission by drama queens on YouTube if they know not whereof they speak.

We're on a mission from God, ya know. 8)
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1983 Post by Sam »

My Pahonu wrote:Funny how there are no markings on any of the vehicles or equipment used for the demo. I was hoping to get a name and contact them for a piece of rubble. I have an email into the construction company listed on the permit for the demo companies name. So far not a word.

Anyone know what aggregate would have been used in 1930's Hawaiian concrete?

Socal drone, I would love to see all the stills from the flight. You could crop out all but the demo area specific. Yes?
Hi My Pahonu..

The collection dumperster read......rent a can.
Last edited by Sam on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1984 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

A thought for you guys trying to get a memento... remember that they also demolished the bath house so I assume you want to somehow guarantee that your piece is from the main house.

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#1985 Post by No need to know! »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
No need to know! wrote:Ha! Sweden actually. Gobsmacked=lovely
My grandfather was born in Norrköping... Skål! :D
Wow! :lol: Skål!
Onion´s extra?

Duke of Perth
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1986 Post by Duke of Perth »

Hi guys! I'm new here, but a long time Magnum PI fan. I'll be on Oahu in less than a week and had planned on spending some time around the estate, although now I'm not sure I want to. I will probably still take a dip in the tidal pool, but somehow it won't have the same effect, I think.
"First drink is always to the regiment!"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1987 Post by J.J. Walters »

Welcome! Take some pics of the destruction while you are there, however depressing it may be.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Duke of Perth
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1988 Post by Duke of Perth »

Oh, I will. I'm gonna have to stop and take a look. Might as well!

My Pahonu
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1989 Post by My Pahonu »

If you happen to see some construction workers there ask them to throw you some bits of rubble. I'll put my order in for one piece and happy to pay you/them. I just finished tearing down my place and I can tell you there is no way to remove all the golf ball size pieces. There everywhere.
Thanks,
James

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#1990 Post by K Hale »

If you are able to get some bits and pieces I would also be willing to pay for one.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Duke of Perth
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1991 Post by Duke of Perth »

I'll see what I can do, fellas!!

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#1992 Post by perfectlykevin »

Count me in! I'd love to have a bit of the old Estate :)

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#1993 Post by eagle »

Me too -- I absolutely want some Robin's Nest Estate rubble if you can get some. Another friend wants some too, so count me in for 2 chunks.

Duke of Perth
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1994 Post by Duke of Perth »

lol!! looks like I should bring an extra box to ship back with me. I wonder if TSA will have anything to say about me checking a box full of bits of concrete/wood/whatever??

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#1995 Post by TSMIV »

KENJI wrote:
SoCal Drone wrote:Here is a link to my dropbox with some Hi-Res stills taken at 12MP. This is all I'm really comfortable sharing right now because I've already gotten people complaining that I've violated the privacy of the residents of the guest house (I know......). Maybe at a later date I'll release some additional footage or photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lom4pcvokuy0 ... twg4a?dl=0

To answer previous questions; from what I understand, the demolition permit includes all of the structures on the estate with a preservation of the slabs to be used in future construction. So I don't think there are actually basements associated with this construction. Not knowing much about the island construction practices, I'd say it would be fairly difficult to actually have a basement that close to the ocean.
So far the permits only include the main house and bath house...fingers crossed there isn't a phase two on the demo front. Pahonu did have a basement, but it was located closer to the front entrance so a bit further away from the ocean. It would be interesting to see if they can still have a basement after the demolition. Current code might not allow for it now....time will tell.

You'll have to share some stories and pics of the 308 that ENSHealy mentioned you having!
What year do you have?

Hi FTA,

Sincere apologies for the delay in my response and many thanks for this - I really appreciate it! :D

Thank goodness that I can still access the tidal pool at Pahonu - the shock and trauma associated with the wanton destruction of the estate was bad enough! Rest assured that I will take plenty of pictures of the crime scene - in fact, I'm tempted to wrap the whole place in the 'police crime scene' tape that you see in all the TV cop shows!

Great tip regarding the tides at Pahonu - I mistimed the tides on my first visit and was virtually underwater.

Thanks again for your help and look out for my photos in a week or two :magnum:

Cheers

#1 Customer