The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1876 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:I stirred the pot and am skeptical because I am from Chicago where the"Chicago Way" is embedded in our politics and large real estate transactions. Four out of our last seven Governors went to Prison, one just got out .and another is still in, plus untold numbers of Congressman, Commissioners and Alderman.
Our current Governors race is two billionaires that will be spending and estimated one billion dollars on the race. One candidate is; JB Pritzker, brother of Penny Pritzker both of the Hyatt Hotel fortune. Penny is the woman that got Marty Nesbitt started in business (parking garages). She was named Commerce Secretary by President Obama and has untold influence in local, national and international politics.
During the primaries the Chicago Tribune got a hold of secret Government recording between JB Pritzker and Rod Rod Blagojevich, our ex Governor still in prison for trying to sell Barack Obama's Senate seat when he became President.
I could go on and on but don't want this to turn into conspiracy theories, but I did e-mail a local news station in Oahu that the entire sequence of events stinks to high heaven with the Hawaiian legislature and the Building Industry Association.....

https://historichawaii.org/2018/04/04/i ... emolished/

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.....
Wow Steve, Chicago politics is a MESS! It's "good" to know that politicians are crooked everywhere. It cracks me up that just because official statements from the White House said Obama wasn't Pahonu's buyer or a partner in the deal, that we're just supposed to believe that.... yeah right, because politicians never lie.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1877 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Oops, in addition to the Pietsch connection, I forgot to post one more connection between Pahonu and Obama. The realtor who represented Pahonu's buyer was Joel Cavasso, who the Obamas use as their realtor when the family stays in Kailua for their Christmas trips. Again, Obama could have referred Nesbitt to Cavasso but as Steve said.... just sayin'!!!

Last edited by Rembrandt's Girl on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1878 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:One more thing of interest (KENJI :D pointed this out)... the Mortgage specifically says the "Mortgagor may demolish and/or renovate all or any portion of the Improvements currently located on the Premises."

I wish we had access to the actual sales contract of the home.....I doubt it would've mentioned anything about being able to knock it down etc., but it would still be interesting to read over. I'm sure Eve thought the place was in goods hands and then this happens. There may have been a conversation between the buyer and seller or more likely, between the agents of both parties that the buyer liked the heritage of the place and will keep the parcel intact blah, blah, blah and Eve interpreted it as Pahonu (as a whole) would be safe, but in reality Pahonu is literally just a hole (at least for now). We know it will be a nice place that will take it's place, but it will never replace the original. It's too bad Eve didn't get something in writing or at the very least registered the place. I know she was vetting all the potential buyers beforehand so she knew exactly who she was dealing with. Again, trying to be fair to the process, Eve didn't let anyone inside the place to see what they were buying. You could walk around the outside, but not inside! So from a buyer's point of view, they may have loved it from the outside and wanted to keep it close to the original, but when they finally received the keys and walked inside, they may mave been rethinking the plan. :shock: Not too many of us buy a place without looking inside, so it must've been real bad and they couldn't go ahead with Plan A (again a complete guess). We do know from a source it was going to be a gut on the inside (new wiring, plumbing etc.), we also know Eve was a bit of a "collector" of things and owned many animals as well so I'm sure there was some additional damage there that no one could see until her belongings were all out. I'm almost sure there would've been some dry rot/termite damage as well which could've been the deciding factor.....again, just a guess.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1879 Post by Sam »

KENJI wrote:
Hi Kenji
After watching that drone video of the estate I would say you have your work cut out for you.[/quote]

Hi Sam,
There is no way we can prove there is a connection with the rule change theory, but finding out who the real owner is will eventually come out and I'm sure one of us at MM will find the answer. It could very well be Marty - end of story, but the rumor mill is still buzzing with the Obamas being the true owners so it will be fun to look at the clues and figure out who it is or shall we say in this case whodunit....was it Marty in the courtyard with a sledge hammer or Barack with an excavator. :wink: Maybe one of the trades working on the place will slip up.....time will tell.[/quote]

Hi Kenji.
It sure looks like a lot of circling back and connecting dots but the most telling thing for me is Worrall calling the new owner kama'aina.

Sorry I can't find the picture of Kenji raking the yard... that's where I was going with it when I said you had your work cut out for you :lol: :lol:

Keep at it guys and gal.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1880 Post by KENJI »

Gotcha Sam! :lol:
Yeah, I don't know where to start with the clean-up....it will only get worse before it gets better, I might just sit this one out on the beach until the dust settles. :(

Maitai
Ensign

#1881 Post by Maitai »

Thankyou for the drone footage, I knew once I heard about the demo of Robin's Nest, footage would soon follow. I kinda mentally prepared myself for "the viewing"

Very Sad!

I've been wondering lately how Selleck or any of the cast of MPI feels about any of this. Its like a big piece of my past has been yanked out of me!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1882 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Sam wrote: It sure looks like a lot of circling back and connecting dots but the most telling thing for me is Worrall calling the new owner kama'aina.
Thank you, Sam! Yes, it's a HUGE red flag to me that the buyer is not Nesbitt. Plus I don't see him wanting a home here, but of course he could have purchased Pahonu for investment purposes which is clearly a definite possibility. He might just be flipping it.

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#1883 Post by steveadl »

eagle wrote:
quigley_down_under wrote:Very sad to see it go. I see that in the video the boat house (AKA "The guest House") was untouched so far. Hopefully it will get a reprieve! That would leave a little something for us Magnum fans to visit. I was lucky enough to get there in 2014 and the boat house was just as much of an attraction for me as the main house as it was such a pivotal part of the show. Time will tell.
Yes, hopefully the tennis courts, boat house, and guest house all survive. That would be something at least.

-----

How many scenes were actually shot in the main house? I seem to recall that the episode where Higgins is sick in a guest bedroom is filmed at the estate.
I'd say there is little to no chance the boat house will survive. At best, they may keep these foundations as well due to its proximity to the ocean, but that would be it.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1884 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#1885 Post by eagle »

Maitai wrote:I've been wondering lately how Selleck or any of the cast of MPI feels about any of this. Its like a big piece of my past has been yanked out of me!
You know, something just occurred to me.

The restaurant where I proposed to my wife is now out of business.
The restaurant where we held our rehearsal dinner has burned down.
The church where our wedding was held was demolished and is now a bank.

I kinda feel the same about those 3 and Pahonu.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1886 Post by J.J. Walters »

:cry:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1887 Post by Sam »

I've been wondering lately how Selleck or any of the cast of MPI feels about any of this. Its like a big piece of my past has been yanked out of me![/quote]

It would be my guess it wouldn't be a big deal to the actors it was just a workplace...
And Manetti would say.
Don't believe everything you see on TV.
That wasn't me ..that was some other guy that was acting and he's dead now.
I was to busy.

knight8882
Lieutenant

#1888 Post by knight8882 »

All of this evidence being posted is so interesting. You guys would make pretty good P.I.s yourselves! :wink:

It may all be circumstantial evidence so far, but remember what T.M. always said about that "little voice." It's telling us something.
Magnum, remember what I told you about Robin Masters?

I lied.

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#1889 Post by erock308 »

"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#1890 Post by eagle »

knight8882 wrote:All of this evidence being posted is so interesting. You guys would make pretty good P.I.s yourselves! :wink:
I prefer "private investigator." :wink: :magnum: